After Burner CD/DVD Labeling system

Alexvrb

Established Member
I don't know if anyone has seen this or something similar, but I've been wanting something that can do this for a while. Its the Avery After Burner CD/DVD Labeling System. It's got full-face labeling, meaning it covers the clear plastic near the center too! Now I don't have to worry about stuff getting cut off! That'll help with some of the cool labels people have contributed to this site. The labeler uses some curvy thing to press the label on from the inside out, so it isn't as likely to be ridden with bubbles and stuff. There are pictures here and here. My local Best Buy says they have them, so I may pick one up tomorrow and see how it works!

I've had a similar product that can do full face labels for about 2 years now. It's Sure Thing CD Labeler deluxe edition. Just if you wanted another option...

It works great! I need another color ink cart, and it'd be nice if I had a modern $200 printer, but the labeling system itself is fantastic. It was very very easy to get a perfect application, smooth, no bubbles or wrinkles. It uses Avery labels, so it shouldn't be expensive to get replacements as they are available all over the place. The plain matte ones are Avery 8832, there are also foil ones and I'm sure gloss too. Here's a crappy picture taken with my crappy camera:

Attachments

• P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 60
Hmm, well you can print fantastic B&W ones though! 😀

If you get a decent ink jet, I definetely recommend this. The quality is actually decent (though not my camera) considering I'm printing it on a matte CD label with my Lexmark Z51. I want one of the new ones, but they run 150-200 for a good one. About your laser though, don't get rid of it. Mine died, and now I use my inkjet for everything - black ink runs out relatively quick compared to when I used the laser with its long-lasting toner cart.

Back