After Burner

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Sega's smash arcade hit comes to life. . .on your Sega System!

You're a Navy Air Captain. At your control is the most advanced fighting jet ever to set the skies on fire! You supply the skill, reflexes and guts.

Your F-14 Thunder Cat gives you Mach 2+ speeds, unlimited firepower and a state-of-the-art battle computer which targets your enemies for destruction.

Fire guided missiles, then blast away with your Vulcan cannon. Roll your F-14 left and right! Enemy missiles slide under your wings. Your afterburners roar as you dive for the wave tops!

In this sky battle you're outnumbered. but that's O.K. When it comes to flying the unfriendly skies, you're the one they call "The Ace."

:flamethrower:

I know I said you should make this GOTW, but actually, I never really liked it too much either. :lol:

Now that I think about it, this would be a good series to make a 3D reincarnation of. My major issue with it, was that the hardware at the time was holding it back. (I never played it until, maybe, the late 90's)

I must say that I prefer Afterburner II, but I'm with duct. I could never get into either game that much. They sure were awesome when they first hit the arcades, though.

The R360 had a modified version of G-Loc running as far as I remember, although there was an upgrade set for it to run Wing Wars. (there´s a great R360-site somewhere on the Web)

Concerning AfterBurner, there was some kind of a 3D remake for the Saturn and it was also recently released in a facelifted version for the PS2 if I´m not totally mistaken (Sega seems to release a lot of remakes as budget titles for the PS2)

Back