Alex Kid in Miracle World

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Remember this Master system game where you were the kid with the big ears and huge fist? Of course you do! This was one of my favorite games for the SMS. Awesome platformer. When my original Master System died I saved up for the whole winter shoveling peoples driveways and finally made enough to get a replacement SMS. The SMS I got was the SMS II and came bundled with Alex Kid in Miracle World. Who can ever forget the famous paper, rocks, and scissors boss games in it? Alot of good memories there.

Heh...I used to know the sequence of "rock paper stone" challenge by heart. Great game - it was free! :)

Yay for free stuff! :p I wrote the janken combinations on a piece of paper :) Stuff the crystal ball if you can [already] read the comps mind ;) Did anyone pass the last bit (well, I think it's the last bit) with the touchstones where you got to do the right combination before the ghosts kill you? Sometimes I get there with half a dozen lives and I waste them all on that one bit! arrg! :angry:

The final level is after the touchstones, isn't it? That's the way I remember it anyway. You should bring a "flying kane" to the last castle aswell. There are probably a walktrough for you, how to solve the touchstones. :D

I haven't played this game in a looong time. This was the best Alex Kidd game IEO (E stands for everyones ;))

Originally posted by Twillinx+Jan 12, 2004 @ 03:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Twillinx @ Jan 12, 2004 @ 03:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The final level is after the touchstones, isn't it? That's the way I remember it anyway. You should bring a "flying kane" to the last castle aswell. There are probably a walktrough for you, how to solve the touchstones. :D [/b]

Level after that bit? Cool :) But no walkthrough for me, I'll get it one day ;).

<!--QuoteBegin-Twillinx
@Jan 12, 2004 @ 03:42 PM

I haven't played this game in a looong time. This was the best Alex Kidd game IEO (E stands for everyones ;))[/quote]

Yeah, this should be the best Alex Kidd game IEO, but I think a lot of ppl on this board like Shinobi world (for some reason :blink: )

If you haven't used the flying kane for anything usefull uptil the touchstones then there is a level after that. If you have, well then I remember it all wrong.

I might change my opinion, I haven't even played High Tech World OR Shinobi World. I just think Miracle World is better than Lost stars and Bmx trial... I won't have anyone disagreeing with me there atleast. :D

Yes this game is a raw classic :) hopefully Sega will bring him back, but in the mean time i suggest people go play Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle.

It's not better than Miracle World but it's more worthy than some Alex Kidd games :)

ALEX KID ON THE MEGADRIVE ,THOSE WHERE THE DAYS.

And still are?

What a classic.

I remember when it came out and it showed what the Megadrive was capable off.

I think this game is very underated.

Fantastic scrolling and really clever gameplay,I will get this soon for my collection.

I remember at the time there where other machines doing the rounds and non of them had anything like this.

To say it was one of the first games on the Sega units is awsome.

If released today it would probably be 3d and would ruin the whole experience.

Give me a 2D side scroller anyday.

Sega we salute you. :bow

Originally posted by whitesnake@Jan 14, 2004 @ 09:53 AM

in the mean time i suggest people go play Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle.

It's not better than Miracle World but it's more worthy than some Alex Kidd games :)

I used to own this game. It's a bitch if you run out of copters :devil

..oh, and the necklaces come in handy for the last boss aswell. Only finished this game once. :huh:

Hi Crazygoon,

Great info.

I just bought the game for $5 :smash .

Your info will come in very handy dude. :bow

Time to get the coffee on the boil and fire up the old Sony tv yyyyyyeeeeeeeeer. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Ian.

Originally posted by croft@Jan 15, 2004 @ 05:32 AM

Hi Crazygoon,

Great info.

I just bought the game for $5 :smash .

Your info will come in very handy dude. :bow

Time to get the coffee on the boil and fire up the old Sony tv yyyyyyeeeeeeeeer. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Ian.

Have fun :smash Yeah, one more peice of advice for you if you value keeping your copters - watch out when you get to the 'rocky mountains' levels (I think that's what they are called...) anyway, that's when those blasted old men with canes start to appear :devil

And if you get passed those levels and get to the level which is completly airborn (if you loose your copter in this level, then you die), then a little trick to do when you get to the end is hover above the rice snack and then de-select the copter from the menu. You'll fall onto the rice-snack and hit the bottom of the screen, but you won't die and you will have gained an extra copter for diddely squat! :p

Hehehe :devil

Thanks CrazyGoon,

Your post is brilliant.

Have printed this off so when the game arrives i can use the info. :party

You saved me many hours of games playing dude. ;)

One game i have been playing lately is Whip Rush on the megadrive.

I really like this game and it kind of reminds me of R-type.

I mostly buy Japanese games for the artwork.

The box artwork for whip rush is wicked :bow .Apparently done by the same guy who does all the Patlabor illustrations in Japan.

In some respects i think the game industry today is no where near as good as it used to be.

Shure the Graphics may have got more realistick but i miss the days of having to travel many miles to get the latest import carts from Japan.

Seeing all that Jap text and amazing artwork was an enlightning time.

Sega we salute you :bow :bow :bow .

Thankyou,

Ian.

Back