Aliens Vs Predator 3 (PC)

So, is there any word of Alien Vs Predator 3 (PC) being in development?

It’s been 5 years since AVP2 was released and what wouldn’t I give for a third installment in the series.

Imagine the dark/sinister corridors of the Alien hive and a horde of Aliens behind you tail. The agile Predator hiding cloaked behind his thermal shield, or the high-tech marines with their powerful weaponry.

All that powered with the Doom3 engine!

That would be so cool!

AVP2 is one of my top 10 favorite FPS. I got way back in 2001, when I upgraded my PC (Pentium 4 1.8GHZ CPU, 256MB & a Kick-Ass GeForce3 Ti500)

I was completely shocked with the awesome story line & great Sci-fi plot Gameplay & weapons were top-notch. Graphics did not shock me as in Unreal two years earlier on my trusty 3dfx voodoo II, but it’s gameplay that counts in the end of the day.

For anyone that has never played AVP2 before, here are some memorable scenes from the game:

ME0000132786_2.jpg

avsp18pn.jpg

avpthesequelshot562ma.jpg

aliensvspredator2theentrance3c.jpg

aliensvspredator2sky12lw.jpg

aliensvspredator2alienislandch.jpg

aliensvspredator2aliencasualti.jpg

aliensvspredator2predatorspace.jpg

I’m not a great FPS fan but here are my all time favorites:

My Favorite FPS

=================

Aliens Vs Predator II (PC)

Alien Breed 3D I (AMIGA)

Dark Forces – Starwars (PC)

Descent (PC)

Doom (PC)

Doom II (PC)

Doom 3 (PC)

Duke Nukem 3D (PC)

Half Life 2 (PC)

Heretic (PC)

Hexen (PC)

Hexen - Death Kings of The Dark Citadel (PC)

Hexen II (PC)

Hexen II - Portal of Praevus (PC)

Unreal (PC)

What’s yours?

Is Deus EX any good by the way and when was it released?

I’m more into old school non-linear FPS action titles.

To tell you the truth I never like part 1.

Those check points were very frustratng & placed in the worse places. Yeah, I know there was a "Save" patch but still, the gameplay was nowhere near as good as AVPS2.

Part 2 was a master piece.

It felt as if you were "living" the movie, all the way to the end.

I thought it was great how unique the three races were; to both each other and (in the case of the non-human species) other games. I got into it after reading the pages relating to it @ bosskey.net.

I played through each of the single-player campaigns, but I wouldn't do it a second time. My main focus was on the online game. I enjoy playing all species and all classes, and don't have any hang-ups with any of the characters (regarding balance).

I do, however, have bickers with the maps. Size is the first one. I find that almost all of the maps are way too small and crowded when there is more than 8-9 players. Some maps are too small to consider more than 6. Second issue is the lack of 'friendly' alien maps. Most maps are either too confined or too open. and there isn't enough 'ominous shadows' for aliens to retreat to and hunt from. I recall the AvP1 maps were better in both of these regards.

I'm an advocate of teamplay in this game. To me, the game really shines the most in Team Deathmatch. It allows you to have the freedom to "play with intelligence" with each of the species. What I mean is -

The humans get to stick together and cover their asses,

The aliens get to co-ordinate sneaky attacks,

The predators get to watch on from vintage points, and attack at opportunistic moments.

I don't really care much for the other modes of play. This just about sums up my feelings of the game.

Back