Aliens VS Predator2

Last week I completed all 3 campaigns of Aliens VS Predator 2, and today I beat the expansion “Primal Hunt”, which was actually the prequel of the events that took place in AVP2.

I found this being a very enjoyable game. It had an awesome story line, great music & scary movie-like atmosphere. The fight against the Predator as the Marine on top of the tower, was so cool!

Also the 3 stories of the expansion pack linked very well together.

It’s been quite some time since I’ve played such a cool & addictive FPS!

4 Years ago I tried AVP1, but I found it boring and stopped it.

I can’t wait for Aliens VS Predator 3!

Any info, Links?

I liked AVP2, but I found the atmosphere in AVP1 to be much more impressive. IMHO, the Lithtech engine just doesn't lend itself to those dark environments, and the human character models looked goofy as well (similar to NOLF, but they worked much better in NOLF). I thought the FMV clips of an actual human worked well in the first game. I did like the actual gameplay of AVP2 a lot though, the Predator's play mechanics in particular were very improved. I also liked how you went through the various life cycles as the Alien.

Primal Hunt as a prequel adds a lot to the story of AVP2, as of how it started.

The Marine & Pred stories are almost linked and finish at the same time. Where as the Predalien starts immediately after.

It’s cool the way the first half of the Pred story, takes place 500 years in the past and the second half starts once the Predator is unfrozen from the egg chamber.

Nice twist to the tale I say...

Yeah, I was thinking about getting the expansion but the reviews were quite poor. The storyline sounds cool, but how is the map design and gameplay?

The expansion has a few new enemies.

It also has a few new weapons. They removed the weilding torch from the marine.

Map design is very similar to AVP, but it's a very short game.

Only 9 levels in total. 3 for each of the 3 campaigns.

The story is cool though.

Back