Altered Beast!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
The new Altered Beast game for PS2 will have a totally different story line then the hit classic for the Genesis. In this one you are a military dude that goes to a west coast town to check out a deadly genetic outbreak. You have the ability to transform into different beasts.

Hey, the original didnt have much of a story line either but it was really cool....

altered1.jpg
altered2.jpg

This game will hit US shores sometime in 2004.

Thanks to IGN for the info.

That sounds pretty cool. I have enjoyed many of these updated games. Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden were both pretty cool. I'm sure this will also be decent.

Hmm, well hopefully we'll still get some 'WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM!' action, and of course good 'ol chicken-leg.

ohhh i used to play the old arcade version of altered beast in philippines, never really finished it......... wth all those tokens i wasted..

wasted!? how dare you, haha. Great game, first Genesis game I ever completeled. Of course, it was one of the first games I got (that and tommy lasorda baseball at launch)

They probably won't include any of those things, they should've stuck with the medieval/fantasy theme instead of making it a future game....booo! :huh

Yeah, but if you look at the second shot, at least they left the 'wolf arrow' attack in place. But yeah, the ancient Greece setting was cool.. it's a scenario you don't really see in games very often; it would have been nice if they left it in place. Hopefully they'll leave in some of the super weird enemies from the original game though.

Back