Altered Beast

just played the first level for the master system one and you turn into beast state after getting 2 power orbs (i believe it was 3 in the genny one) and you fight the boss the first time you see the bald guy instead of the 2nd or 3rd (unless theres somthing that triggers this on the genny one).

I think on the Genesis version, you can't fight the boss until you morph, but that usually doesn't happen until after the first time you see him.

Originally posted by mal+Jun 3, 2004 @ 10:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jun 3, 2004 @ 10:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:42 PM

Nothing big then? What's the best version?

The arcade version. 😉 [/b][/quote]

How I wish that were possible for me. :drool: (Buying the arcade version)

it's not SO hard (or expensive) to make a Jamma Rig (SuperGun) and buy a bootleg AB PCB (i don't remember if the original have the suicide battery)

of course, more than a Genny + the AB cartdrige 🙂

No, it's not too expensive at all. It's even cheaper if you've got a TV that can take an RGB signal. You'd need to get or make a JAMMA/System 16 adaptor however.

AFAIK its only the somewhat less common Japanese version (Jyuohki) that has the program suicide battery.

AB PCB COMPLETE

in europe,

France AB PCB

as you can see it's not that expensive....33$ for the full kit! a bootleg will be less

you can make a SuperGun for 30-50$ (look for Chad Grey guide with google) ...you can even use a Genny pad as Arcade pad 🙂

Kaneda

I could be wrong, but I don't think that there is such a thing as a bootleg of Altered Beast.

I've never heard of or seen one, and don't think there's one emulated by MAME...

If you're just talking about home versions though, the Genesis one is way way better. It practically launched the 16-bit revolution!

Yeah I remember seen Altered Beast in all the first Genny adds.

Big feature in the Sears and Penny's Christmas Catelogs too 🙂

Back