AMEBA a new saturn game !

Hey @XL2, that's even more off-topic but if you're full of Z-Treme project, then how about releasing its source ?
That would be a chance for the people who wanted X, Y and Z features to be implemented, and they eventually would notice how hard it is to do software development on Saturn ;)
If you don't want to release Z-Treme sources, I respect your choice and in that case it is fine to ignore this post rather than going on into lengthy discussions.
You mean Sonic Z-Treme or the newer version of the engine?
For Sonic z-treme, I certainly consider it, the only issue is that I need to clean up the code as I made a real mess rushing it within 2 months to be ready for Sage 2018.
It's really bad and ugly, it gave me headaches at times.
And the map compiler is even worse.
But I'll consider it seriously when I will need to take a break from the fps project.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I don't have a lot of time for Saturn recently ...

You mean Sonic Z-Treme or the newer version of the engine?
For Sonic z-treme, I certainly consider it, the only issue is that I need to clean up the code as I made a real mess rushing it within 2 months to be ready for Sage 2018.
It's really bad and ugly, it gave me headaches at times.
And the map compiler is even worse.
But I'll consider it seriously when I will need to take a break from the fps project.

I was thinking about Sonic Z-Treme sources, because if you don't plan to continue it then I would like to take over from the version you achieved in SAGE 2018.
Anything should be fine with me regarding source code tidiness because all the Saturn project I re-used so far (Pseudo Saturn, your FPS collision demo, Yeti3D, Rockin'-B projects, etc) were quite neat in comparison of what I do everyday at work :D Personally, I consider acquisition of base project and its adaptation to my goals as a part of the fun.

If you want to put a kind of "private share of the sources and allow their public disclosure after a given goal is reached" condition regarding Z-Treme sources, then I'm all right with this as long as there is no deadline condition and that sources can be released under GPL after the goal is reached.

We want you... to beta test Xenocider!

Retro SumusCréateur
18 décembre 2019
It's been a while since our last update on KS, but we've been active on our social media profiles as always. So what's up? As we just announced on our Facebook and Twitter profiles, Xenocider beta testing is open to the first 20 users who drop us a line and meet these three simple requirements:
  • Pre-ordered Xenocider.
  • Own a working Dreamcast they can use.
  • Want to beta test Xenocider (obviously) and provide feedback to debug and improve the game.
You will need to burn a special tool to a disc which, once running in your Dreamcast, will provide an id number. This number is unique to each console and will allow us to "authorise" your Dreamcast to play the beta.
Interested? Drop us a line at info@retrosumus.com now!

Back