Animation in 3D

Hello,

I wopuld like to make a Residen Evil like game for SS, so I downloaded the Saturn Orbit and installed it sucessfully. I was able to export a low poly model and show it on the emulator screen. Following the tutorials I was able to texturize and give color to the planes in the 3Deditor.

Now my question is, how can I animate a model in SS? How can I export blender bone animation to something readeable in SS? Any example code? I have searched in the tools folder but I can not see anything. Also, the tutorials doesn't cover animation for models.

Thanks in advance!

check rb_tools here http://www.rockin-b.de/news-latest.html
i didn't remember well long time ago i did a modified track for the sega driving demo and rockin'-b did something far better (and also a blender plugin).
the easy was was to do a dxf with 3dto3d.exe and convert it with sega tools.

EDIT : i've found the blender plugin for saturn but it's from a private release, no idea if i can give it if you can't find it on the Rockin'-B's site

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I have not expressed properlly myself or if I have not understood something.
I have successfully created a sg3 file (using 3dto3d) with a lowpoly model and displayed it correctlly in the emulator. What I want to do next is animation. Is animation key frames exported somehow to the dxf file? I though that dxf doesn't store animation info...

You should take a look at the walking Akira demo from SGL's samples, if you haven't already. As for exporting animation from Blender, take a look at the Armature documentation in the Python API reference. Walk the nodes and export each key frame, associating it with the mesh it's bound to as you do so. Other than for a tech demo, don't try and do skinned animation. Just the basic hierarchical animation, applying transforms on a per-mesh basis rather than per-vertex.

Back