(Another) Mod Chip Problem

Hi,

I recently bought a couple of mod chips (one with 2 wires attached and one older model). I am trying to mod it with the one with the attached wires.

I have a Model 2, 64 pin UK PAL Saturn

I have placed the ribbon cable in correctly and the mod board as will - although it needs to face the wrong way to contact the pins. (does that seem right?)

I have placed the red cable on the 5V2ma out on the power board and have simply looped the blue cable from A-B on the mod board.

Now, when I power up the system the Saturn logo comes up, I hear a pop sound and them the dashboard appears. However the CD drive will not spin up when the CD tower is pressed in. I've read lots of FAQ and must have been on ever Saturn modding guide on the Internet - none of which helped me at all.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'd really appreciate any help at all!

Tony

PS Ignore the wires in the pic - I just wanted to show the position of the board.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 124
Originally posted by Funkstar De Luxe@Mon, 2004-11-22 @ 06:55 AM

I have a Model 2, 64 pin UK PAL Saturn

[post=124187]Quoted post[/post]​

That's probably the biggest problem right there.

I'm not being a smart arse - for reasons that I don't understand, modding that type of Saturn is quite difficult.

I have never seen a 32 pin saturn here in Scotland - and I get about three a week. Plus, I'm rather fond of my old saturn.

I tried like hell to solder it to pin 8 but my head got sore from looking at those tiny pins.

Then I tried the AB thing described in these forums but again, no luck

Back