Another strange saturn game

I read somwhere about a Saturngame called VATLVA. strange name indeed. What I read was this :

VATLVA, Best described as a 3-D vehicle roaming and fighting game, up to 6 players can join in the carnage via multi-tap. The game is published by Victor, developed by Ancient Corp.

Anyone knows something about this? How is that multiplayer mode played? The only other Sat game I know of that uses it is Street Racer (2-8 player splitscreen). Anyone has som screenshots of this VATLVA?

I actually have a couple copies of that game but have not opened them up yet, still shrinkwrapped. Now that my video game sales business is defunct I guess I could try it out sometime soon.

I know this game too, but I never found pictures of this games and I've downloaded a rip of it, but it was bad
sad.gif

I think I read that was a game like Micromachine, I can't tell you more, maybe I'm wrong.

You people should just start PM'ing me first before going all "Unknown, strange game?!?!"

smile.gif

For I own, once again, the original Vatlva, have played it, and can provide some insight... yes, it's a racing/battle game for up to 6 players (via multi-tap) although you can play alone against however many computer cars you want.

The game is shown in 60fps (but low-res) 3D graphics with a... how to describe it... angled top view, I guess, that zooms in and out and moves around, always keeping all the cars in view simultaneously. You just race around, select your weapons (which you can buy/sell before you enter the stage), and try to blast all opponents before they get you first.
smile.gif
It's pretty good-looking, very smooth thanks to the framerate, fast-paced and has some extremely cool music. I don't have the benefit of having 5 people readily accessible to play the game with, but I think it would be a RIOT.

In a way, Vatlva is sorta like Death Tank with little cars instead of tanks.
smile.gif

Any more Q's?

Originally posted by Taelon@Jan. 14 2003, 11:06 am

The game is shown in 60fps (but low-res) 3D graphics with a... how to describe it... angled top view, I guess, that zooms in and out and moves around, always keeping all the cars in view simultaneously.

Do you mean isometric?

No, it's true 3D, real perspective. I just wasn't sure how to say that it's neither a side nor a straight top view, but inbetween.
smile.gif

I never had the chance to convince 5 people to play this game with me, but in single player mode it's awfully boring.

Same charadesigner as Astra Superstars's I think.

-Major kick-

I received this game today because I thought it was link-up compatible.

But I made a list of games with special extras and forgot that it had MPEG

compatibility and not link up. Aaaaaaaaaanyway, my PAL Mpeg cart does not seem to make difference. Any ideas?

Its a cool game btw..I will start a F.A.Q sometime soon..

Here's some screens I took a few secs ago..enjoy.. :smokin:

Attachments

• vatlvashots.jpg
    vatlvashots.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 100
  • vatlvashots.jpg
    vatlvashots.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 95
  • vatlvashots.jpg
    vatlvashots.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 95
Yes, he's worked at Ancient for a long time. I'm pretty sure he did the music for Story of Thor 2, and Story of Thor displays his name right at the title screen (as does SoR2).

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:51 PM

Here's some screens I took a few secs ago..enjoy.. :smokin:

Nice pics :cheers :cheers How did you find the game ? I was close to buy it but didn't.

I bought it via ebay.com from Importgamesjapan. Together with Gebockers. (which I will try with link-up soon :) )

I took the screens with a composite cable into my pc tv card.

BTW You're the Choro Q park guy right? I never played it but

I love the concept and will buy it sometime.. :cool:

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Jun 12, 2004 @ 10:43 PM

I bought it via ebay.com from Importgamesjapan. Together with Gebockers. (which I will try with link-up soon :) )

I took the screens with a composite cable into my pc tv card.

BTW You're the Choro Q park guy right? I never played it but

I love the concept and will buy it sometime.. :cool:

I wanted to know if you like the game :blush: Yes, it's me who like Choro Q Park. I won all cars of the game before receiving the original game (I played with a ISO and replaced sound tracks). I think I'll scan the game manual soon for SX and my site :)

I own this game as well. It's not very good multiplayer, single or two player modes are the only fun modes. There seems to be a neat create a car mode, but I can't read Japanese.

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Jul 14, 2004 @ 12:18 AM

Nice pics. But is there only a battle mode or can you drive around tracks to? Looks like a battle-mode on the pics...

Nice to see you back Daniel :)

Back