Another suggestion for SX -- archiving

*pats Taelon on the back

There, there...it's OK to cry
smile.gif

If there's anyone who can tear themselves away from VGR...

I've opened a thread in the Saturn forum for archival submissions. They can cover any aspect of the Saturn, including those that overlap into other forums. Each question will have a concise answer and a link back to a relavant thread or threads if appropriate.

If this one goes well, I'll open one for the Sega CD and Tech Help forums too.
smile.gif

Well, what are you waiting for? :
wink.gif
:

Originally posted by mal@Jan. 30 2003, 12:34 pm

Well, what are you waiting for? :
wink.gif
:

Clearly some people are waiting for an engraved invitation.
sad.gif

Taelon and racketboy, where did the enthusiasm go? *sigh*

If no one else is interested, I'll just do it myself when I can be arsed.

Weeeeeeellllllllllll.........

I would happily contribute to this new thread, mal, except I'm not sure I like the idea of having to go looking for threads that answer the questions I'd pose. I would much rather write up a FAQ of my own - but the truth is, even that is something someone would eventually take to issue and suggest a "better" or different way of doing things. I wouldn't really want to go against the whole SX board here by suggesting (for example) that nobody should bother with EZ CD Pro 95 for burning games, even though that's how I actually feel about it...

Maybe I just need a good reason to make a FAQ anyway... I dunno.

Don't let the idea of needing to find a thread to go with a question put you off. I envisaged that more for questions that have more open ended or 'imprecise' answers where reading a thread discussing that question may be helpful. Also, trawling through the forums provides the questions to be answered. :
wink.gif
:

If you're interested in working on an FAQ or two, perhaps we should talk.
smile.gif

Originally posted by mal@Jan. 28 2003, 11:34 pm

If there's anyone who can tear themselves away from VGR...

I've opened a thread in the Saturn forum for archival submissions.

Right now, with Ice's blessing, I've been allowed to reorganize the Miscellaneous section of the site. So with that, if you could direct your attention to the previously opened Saturn thread by mal and provide any help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Help a good cause! Write an FAQ! On anything Sega related, of course. Making SX better starts with you, and your contributions.

To those people who've said they'd help, I appreciate it.

PM me, post a message here, or email me at phillymbz41@netscape.net if you'd like to make an FAQ contribution of any kind.

Back