Another Suggestion for SX

mtxblau

Mid Boss
I like Racketboy's suggestion of archiving technical threads, as those questions get reasked infinitely. But that's not the point of this thread.

As a foreward, this idea came from various persons' attempts at making a new logo for SX. It got me thinking - the site's been exactly the same since I've started coming here (and that's been quite a while... going on four years now). And with all the new news posters, the home/news page is getting a tad bit hard to read, etc. etc.

So, simply a suggestion, of course - how about a contest for the best redesign of the SX website? I.E., make the files of the website available for download in zip format, and have others make it spiffier or even redesign it from scratch. Best one wins, by popular vote.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jan. 15 2003, 2:58 pm

And with all the new news posters, the home/news page is getting a tad bit hard to read, etc. etc.

I agree. The new news posing is harder to read. There need to be better definitions between where one bulletin ends and the next begins.

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe rearranging the headers so that the headline is first, then the poster, then the date. ie:

SCUMMVM 3.0 released for DC - Segasonic - Tuesday, January 14 2003

Or just use some small horizontal bars or something.

Or have the poster's name in a smaller font, in italics, under the main heading would be nice. And have all the pertinent info tabbed/indented.

Even still, the look of SX is kind of dated. My main gripe is that the navigation of the content is somewhat nebulous - most people wouldn't know to look in the 'miscellaneous' section for 'pertinent' info.

There are some talented Photoshop/Frontpage/etc. users here. Why not make use of their talents?

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jan. 15 2003, 7:29 pm

There are some talented Photoshop/Frontpage/etc. users here. Why not make use of their talents?

Yeah I have some talents, but time is another thing.

But as long as it's something non-time-consuming, I can do it.

Just tell me what to do.

I agree that the Miscellaneous secion should be reorganized, maybe have some stuff carried over to a new section....

but as far as site layout goes i kinda like the ways it been for so long ???

Back