Any has Saturn boot disc?....

The Saturn boot cd doesn't work like u maybe thinking...

It is not like utupia's dreamcast boot cd...

Actually, to make it work you'll need a real boot disc, which doesn't exist, to boot that boot disc... hehe, strange isn't it... has mal said, just learn the swap trick, if you don't want, or can«t find a modboard...

Hey man, I for one have the boot disc. If you want it, just let me know. The other thing about what they say about the boot disc is that not all of it is true. I use the boot disc to boot all my games.

Example:
  • First thing you do is swap the boot disc like any other game.
  • Go to the BIOS and the insert the boot disc and let it read.
  • When its slows down a bit, insert a original and leave the original in until you have the ring arund the CD+G or until it looks like the planet saturn.
Note: The boot disc doesn't boot certain games on its own (e.g., Saturn Bomberman, Manx TT Super Bike). It boots all Capcom games and many others like Dark Savior.

• Open the drive door and insert a copy game.
  • Wait until you see the ring CD+G button. If the have a Capcom game, the Sega Saturn would recognize with out a flaw.
  • The ring will appear... then just press start and you're off!!!
    smile.gif

Note: I only used Capcom games as an example because those games definitely work without extra swaps... a lot of other games work too.

Now for the other part. IF and ONLY IF the ring doesn't appear around the CD+G button to start the game, do this trick that I developed. Just to name a few, I use this trick for Saturn Bomberman, Croc, and Manx TT Super Bike.

• Insert the game (e.g., Saturn Bomberman)
  • Leave it until the Sega Saturn reads it.
  • At this point the CD has stopped and the ring around the CD+G button isn't there. That's no promblemo. All you do is leave the drive door switch closed, take out the game and insert the boot disc. Then hit the reset button.
  • Just before the the Sega Saturn logo appears, swap it with whatever game that doesn't boot on its own (e.g., Saturn Bomberman). No timing or waiting for the sound of the lens required... just swap the boot disc with whatever game you want (e.g., Saturn Bomberman) and watch it boot like an original.
I should make a list of games that work with the boot disc without having to do any extra swaps.

YAH!!!!!!!

And that's the end of my boot disc FAQ. Hope this helps.

Interesting swap technique, Bluetones.

:
wink.gif
:

Just tried it this morning... and it really works without any special timing on the 2nd swap...

Really nice...

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Dec. 01 2002, 9:10 pm

Actually, to make it work you'll need a real boot disc, which doesn't exist

Wrong, real boot discs do exist (i.e., where do you think the ISO of the Saturn boot disc floating around on the net comes from?). I have a pair and you do not need to perform the swap trick at all to get CD-Rs to work.

So what are you saing that you have an original boot disc?

Remember must of us who has a boot disk is a rip of the original and you have to swap to get copied games to play if you dont have a modchip. And the one that i have were made for certain third party games.

Thats why i had to do a swap to boot the games the bootdisk wouldn't boot off of its own.

Some time back I saw and offical boot disk being auction on a japanese web site.

Originally posted by Skiad-ops+Dec. 04 2002, 1:10 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skiad-ops @ Dec. 04 2002, 1:10 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-IBarracudaI@Dec. 01 2002, 9:10 pm

Actually, to make it work you'll need a real boot disc, which doesn't exist

Wrong, real boot discs do exist (i.e., where do you think the ISO of the Saturn boot disc floating around on the net comes from?). I have a pair and you do not need to perform the swap trick at all to get CD-Rs to work.[/b][/quote]

yes, i know that there is REAL boot cd, as you said that iso didn't fall from sky... hehe

What I meant was to say that there's no boot disc (commonly available) for saturn, like there is for other consoles...

As rgame5 has just arrived here, I tried to explain him to forget those boot discs....

humm, do u really have the original one??? lucky u...

Is it the sega one or the third party boot disc??

(I suppose it is the 3rd party one... as u said u had a pair of them)

Yes i have the original boot discs, and i'm aware that you have to perform the swap trick at least once to get copies of the boot discs to work, which kind of defeats the purpose of a boot disc doesn't it?

You must have a copy of the black boot disc, as they are for 3rd party games. To play copies of other games (such as Saturn Bomberman), a red boot disc is needed.

I have the red and black boot discs. Which is what i meant by "pair".

By the way, who edited my first post? I could thank you for elaborating my post, even if it was without my permission.

Was it really necessary?

Originally posted by Skiad-ops@Dec. 04 2002, 6:50 pm

My brother worked for a Saturn games developer and they gave him the discs once they had ceased developing Saturn games.

He didn't happen to get any development software or documentation, did he?

Originally posted by IBarracudaI+Dec. 04 2002, 4:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IBarracudaI @ Dec. 04 2002, 4:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>Humm, you've got both boot discs...

I think that red boot disc isn't much known... at least I didn't knew someone who had it...[/b]

I think the black disc has to be just as rare as the red one, after all, they do come together.

<!--QuoteBegin-antime
@Dec. 04 2002, 5.46 pm

He didn't happen to get any development software or documentation, did he?[/quote]

I'm afraid not.

I think the black disc has to be just as rare as the red one, after all, they do come together. (Skiad-ops)

Humm, that's strange...

Isn't the sega own's boot disc meant for their own team's like AM2, AM3... ??

I thought only the black one was given to 3rd party developers...

Back