Any mech games on the DC?

racketboy

Established Member
Just wondering if there were any mech games on the DC and if they are any good.

My friend was asking me.

These need to be half-way playable (at least) without speaking Japanese BTW

Hmmm... mecha games... I recall Choukousenki Kikaioh... Frame Gride... and some Gundam games as well.

Kikaoih is a nice fighting game, pretty enjoyable, bearable graphics, and an incredible story mode.

I bought Frame Gride but never tried it ^^;

And... I recall buying a Gundam game as well... but did not get to play it much, so I cannot tell ^^;

Gundam is a good game and has great action. Another game I can think of is Macross M3, but I heard that it was not all that great.

Search some import retailers, maybe they have some for sale.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 17, 2003 @ 08:35 PM

Kikaoih is a nice fighting game, pretty enjoyable, bearable graphics, and an incredible story mode.

Is that the same as Tech Romancer in the US?

maybe I should be a little more specific -- how bout first-person type mech games.

I think the Gundam games are like that -- I'm not sure.

But I don't think any of the others mentioned are

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Oct 17, 2003 @ 06:25 PM

Virtual On: Ortorio Tangram (I haven't even looked at the game in the last 2 years so I can't remember the exact spelling).

Oratorio Tangram is only worth playing if you can get a twinstick. All of the control schemes SUCK.

Anyway, Gundam Side Story 0079 is good and in English. =)

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Oct 17, 2003 @ 06:42 PM

Oratorio Tangram is only worth playing if you can get a twinstick. All of the control schemes SUCK.

I agree completely.

Originally posted by gameboy900+Oct 18, 2003 @ 04:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Oct 18, 2003 @ 04:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagrineth@Oct 17, 2003 @ 06:42 PM

Anyway, Gundam Side Story 0079 is good and in English. =)

Assuming you can even find it. One of the rarest US DC games. But very good. [/b][/quote]

It is? I've seen it at Funco cheap a number of times :(

I think VOOT controls fine with the DC pad, not nearly as good as the sticks obviously, but still better than the Sat. version. You just have to rely on jumping to lock your target a lot more than you would otherwise.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 18, 2003 @ 12:49 PM

I think VOOT controls fine with the DC pad, not nearly as good as the sticks obviously, but still better than the Sat. version. You just have to rely on jumping to lock your target a lot more than you would otherwise.

You have to be joking...

The DC OT doesn't let you circle-strafe unless you set the most mind-numbingly awkward controls (requiring three thumbs!) ever invented.

The Saturn's controls can more or less mirror the twinstick - much more comfortable...

Yeah, I guess it depends on how you play the game. I don't really try to circle strafe, I just dash and shoot and then pause for a second when I want to use a special attack. I normally play with Apharmd B and I don't have any problems with this setup (using the default controls), but it probably would be near impossible to defeat a human player who was using twinsticks. The worst thing about the DC setup IMHO is how you have to use the analog stick to pull off some moves.

Back