Any news about Sega new Console?!

that's what i want to know. It will exist? how mutch it will cost? hardware specifications? something! i need to know if sega is going to release a new console this year with Sammy(those where the rumors)...

So, should i save some dollars in mi pocket for the future?

cheers.

There was pictures floating around the net, but it was just a big hoax ... so don't count on it ...

those pics were about the last E3 where Sega was supposed to make a statement that would "revolutionize gaming as we know it". Photoshopped DC 2 pics soon started floating on the net.

It'd be great if there was one - but as has been said, it's not likely to happen. :(

A new Sega console would be the push into the world of gaming which I need!

I thing Sega has grown accustomed to the 3rd party realm. I really doubt we will ever see another system from them. They only just recently returned to the black. Also, the lose of the sports titles will stretch their solvency. But, we can all hope and dream.

The most likely outcome would have been a handheld before Sony announced the PSP. Now, even that is highly unlikely. Maybe we can get a "Super Sega" machine capable of running all their games: card, cartridge, and disc.

The way the console market is going these days, I doubt it too. But if they did release another machine, it would most likely be some kind of custom PC hardware like the Xbox, IMO. I don't see them throwing a ton of money into R&D like Sony does (and I think Sony is getting taken for a ride by IBM, but that's another story).

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2005-02-04 @ 03:37 AM

I don't see them throwing a ton of money into R&D like Sony does (and I think Sony is getting taken for a ride by IBM, but that's another story).

IBM, Toshiba and nVidia as well.

I'm not convinced that it would be a good idea at this point anyway.

Aside from the obvious reasons, it's clear from Sega's recent output that they're first party development isn't as strong as it once was. I mean, you could say that the main reason the Dreamcast and Saturn attained the little bit of success they had is because they managed to pump out some top-notch titles to back it up. Titles of such quality from Sega is few and far between these days, with a large majority of their titles being quite mediocre. And Sega haven't got the luxury of relying on third party output like Sony do.

Originally posted by schi0249@Thu, 2005-02-03 @ 01:04 PM

Maybe we can get a "Super Sega" machine capable of running all their games: card, cartridge, and disc.

[post=128968]Quoted post[/post]​

i think i just kinda peed a little when i read that. don't get me all excited.

so, i can't get any illusion, i must sit down and cry... :( i would be enlove to see other SEGA console! dam! this Fu**** SONY!.

Originally posted by schi0249@Thu, 2005-02-03 @ 12:04 PM

Maybe we can get a "Super Sega" machine capable of running all their games: card, cartridge, and disc.

[post=128968]Quoted post[/post]​

I always thought it would be awesome if someone made a modified Saturn that played Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast discs, and the cartridge slot also played SMS, Genesis, and 32x games. But that was just a crazy dream I had. I peed a little too after that. You don't want to know what happened when I thought of the Super NES that was built into an Easy-Bake-Oven.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Sat, 2005-02-05 @ 04:59 AM

I always thought it would be awesome if someone made a modified Saturn that played Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast discs, and the cartridge slot also played SMS, Genesis, and 32x games. But that was just a crazy dream I had. I peed a little too after that. You don't want to know what happened when I thought of the Super NES that was built into an Easy-Bake-Oven.

[post=129099]Quoted post[/post]​

i can't see how this would ever be possible, but man oh man. that would be so neat.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Sat, 2005-02-05 @ 08:59 PM

But that was just a crazy dream I had. I peed a little too after that. You don't want to know what happened when I thought of the Super NES that was built into an Easy-Bake-Oven.

It would be a bit of work, but certainly not impossible. :D

Ya, I have thought the same thing many-a-time dud. Would be insanely awesome I think, I'd love it. I would pay a good 300 bucks for a unit that could do all that. Would be cool if it came w/ some converter cables for the ports so you could use your old sega pads....I say it should use the Saturn ports by default, but the DC ones would work too. It could have enough internal memory to store most all you Sat games and such, then stuff like VMU's would still be used on the DC (could be used w/ Sat also, but no need as the internal ram = lots and lots).

It would be a dream machine for sure...specially if it output progressive scan on everything :p. and have optical out, lol. Oh the dreams.....I would even be happy if one had everything BUT DC. Sat, SCD, genny, 32x, master system, GG even :p. This I think would be more easily made as they could use the same cdrom fro both the SCD and Sat easily and cheaply

Just build a cheap emulation box in a Saturn case, hook it up to your TV, and call it a day. Now I agree I'd much rather it could run actual carts, but that's a whole lot of work right there. At least it can play the real discs for SCD (and eventually Saturn, once the software and hardware are to that point where you could put it in a Saturn while simultaneously having it on the cheap).

Originally posted by mountaindud@Sat, 2005-02-05 @ 10:59 AM

I dont think modified is the right word i think rebuilt from the ground up is the right word for that dream.

Back