Any news about the contest?

Hehe, you'll have better work for the contest with the release of GiriGiri,. Now I can have a look on making soung on Saturn
biggrin.gif

I'd like to participate but I don't have the time for now, maybe later(before the end of the contest).

I would love to participate, but I don't know jack about Saturn programming.

I'm just a lowly COBOL programmer
smile.gif

Originally posted by vbt@Apr 16, 2003 @ 07:08 PM

racketboy, you should try to develop in C, it's not so hard for a developer
wink.gif

I can do C fine (need to brush up a little), but isn't their special Saturn libraries or anything?

Yeah and they're bitches. Saturn programming has so many things going against it...

I was hoping that the contest would allow us to share developer information among ourselves, thus making it easier for others to develop, but it looks like that's not going to happen yet. I'm going to have a decent write up about my project experience, should hopefully be helpful to people who are new to programming for the saturn.

You're right but there are enough samples to understand how to make something working on saturn. It takes only a few time to manage to display a movng cube on a Saturn.

racketboy : There are special library, and you need a crosscompiler. But you can find everything at antime's site. Djidjo & I plan to release an installer for the main tools you need as a (windows) saturn developper.

daniel : I do. But I won't release anything before the end of the contest. And you should receive another project description soon.

well i participated with that media-player thingie... err...
wink.gif

anyhow, i'm slowly making progress but there's nothing special to emntion about my work. also the guy who should work with me doesn't even seem to have read my first source...

(nothing personal antipasta
biggrin.gif
). right now i'm stuck with the cd-block and i'm not the only one as i can see... heh

now c'mon I may not have read & analyzed it entirely but I sure took a look at it! You see, our original project was going to be a demo, remember? But now as I'm doing the visualization stuff (apparently) my work is pretty much separated from the rest 'til I get some decent progress...

hmm... yeah, i ought to be a little more engaged with this thing but since time is precious to me right now (job)... *sigh*

sorry, about that source thing. what's with the par by the way?

The PAR's lying here in my drawer... I'm just waiting for the comms-card to come in, which should be next week... how are you testing your code now btw?

Hi, I subscribed for Death Ship, sort of Death Tank in cosmos. There are today only two ships moving and shooting nothing, but I hope i'll finish it on time.

Djidjo

Back