Any other members of DCEmulation on here?

racketboy

Established Member
I just started posting on the DCEmulation boards.

I was just wondering who else on here posts on there.

There's lots of exciting stuff happening lately

Originally posted by Dyne@Jun 1 2003, 04:22 AM

im registered....i mainly just read thru the threads never posting.

can't remember being registered myself, but i still read the posts on the boards

I think i posted there once a few years ago trying to get help with memory allocationf or a DC game I was hacking. Never got any replies.

I'm registered....only posted about makeing a VMU mini-game CD, and some other things, not much...great site though

Lots of things going on recently??? Where have you been? It's like dead scene wise... A lot more was going on years ago...

I am on there have been for a while... :smash

I'm not talking about the "scene" as in ripped commercial games, I'm talking emus and homebrew apps

Such as the new single game arcade emus (esp XMen!!!) and stuff like the new media player.

I was talking about homebrew and emu too
rolleyes.gif
Yea I know that the media players are coming out a little more... But It was way busier this is almost dead.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jun 1, 2003 @ 10:47 PM

I was talking about homebrew and emu too
rolleyes.gif
Yea I know that the media players are coming out a little more... But It was way busier this is almost dead.

It is true that a fair amount of homebrewers have stopped their work on the DC, but you're talking about the followers/supporters of the scene, and not the developers. As far as i'm concerned, developers make the 'scene', and not the followers, so it seems that developing for the DC is still kicking pretty good.

As for the topic, I think i'm registered... but i don't remember making any posts, i used to read the general DC board every week.

yeah I've been asking a few questions lately.

some of the people on there a jerks.

if you aren't a veteran on the board and ask a simple question, you get chewed out.

way worse than here

Thats the reason i don't like posting on new boards. I hate being the newbie. I feel very intimidated and somewhat left out. I almost didn't post on this board after returning two years later. I had no idea what was going on and i felt left out. But im glad i did post and i have resurected my saturn.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 2, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

if you aren't a veteran on the board and ask a simple question, you get chewed out.

way worse than here

Are you kidding me?? Racketboy it must just be me but DCemu usually let a lot go... A lot more prone to getting banned or told off here than there.

Originally posted by Jaded God+Jun 2, 2003 @ 04:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaded God @ Jun 2, 2003 @ 04:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Jun 2, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

way worse than here

Are you kidding me?? Racketboy it must just be me but DCemu usually let a lot go... A lot more prone to getting banned or told off here than there. [/b][/quote]

Well they may not ban a lot, but they seem to give "newbies" a hard time

I'm registered over there but have only posted once or twice asking silly questions regarding the sms emu. I'm still waiting for a good megadrive and pcengine cd emulator for the DC - that would rock very hard.
smile.gif

Originally posted by racketboy+Jun 2, 2003 @ 09:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jun 2, 2003 @ 09:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Jaded God@Jun 2, 2003 @ 04:09 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@Jun 2, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

way worse than here

Are you kidding me?? Racketboy it must just be me but DCemu usually let a lot go... A lot more prone to getting banned or told off here than there.

Well they may not ban a lot, but they seem to give "newbies" a hard time [/b][/quote]

it really depends on the question and things they say.

alot of n00bs ask questions like 'Is there a Saturn emu for DC?', or 'When is the next version coming out?'.

k those may sound like ordinary questions, but multiply the same questions by 1000 and ppl get really ticked off.

but yes, i do agree that there are jerks there lol

*gets n00bed bashed*

well I wasn't asking about stuff like that

after I posted more replies to their remarks and showed some compitance, they calmed down a bit and actually answered my questions.

Guess you just gotta earn some respect.

A couple people recognized me from here though
smile.gif

There are three genesis emulators in progress right now. BlackAura is porting Genesis Plus over, so far speed isnt great but its a new emulator and a new port. That one has the potential to become a winner.

Yeah I am registered over there too. Site is all but dead really. Everyone moved on to PS2 and Xbox. It was bound to happen. Hell I am about to pick up my last game for DC .........Roommania #203 finally.

Back