Any Requests?

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
I'm wondering if anyone would list a few programs (win32 or *nix) you guys would like to see for us sega saturn/dreamcast fans... short msg! :blah

I'd like to see a nice tool or script for prepping DC homebrew stuff for burning under Linux.. ;)

I think a nice derivative of mkisofs (or whatever is the unix tool to create isos) to build bootable Saturn images for homebrew stuff will be greatly appreciated. SEGA's own tool works, but it's input file in not very user friendly, and it doesn't work on XP.

Yes there is, and it works quite nicely. An ip.bin can be inserted with the -G option, and file ordering can be controlled with the -sort option and a sorting list if you don't feel like renaming your binary to something like 0.bin.

Same here, I think the thing I'd like to see the most is an updated guide for newbs containing information about setting up the new compiler, SGL, SBL, etc.

Yeah, If you guys would really want me to, i'll create a small HOWTO - but i seriosuly need to start coding... /me has no projects to do :blush: :damn: - Dc dev sounds yummy right about now, saturn dev and win xp just dont mix. I just gotta get money for a serial link :huh :sleep: :puke: :bow

any more suggestions?

If no one else volunteers I'll whip something together this weekend. The reason I'm hesitating is because I've never installed SBL or the new compiler (and it took me DAYS to get Taka's guide to work for SGL :blink:).

Installing KPIT GNUSH shouldn't be too problematic as it's packaged in a convenient Windows installer (or RPM). The only thing you might want to change from the default is the install directory so the paths don't get too long. This could be a real problem on Win98 but mostly just to keep your makefiles cleaner. ExCyber's cleaned SGL package comes with a ready-made makefile template you can adapt to your specific configuration.

Originally posted by it290@Nov 27, 2003 @ 02:03 AM

I'd like to see a nice tool or script for prepping DC homebrew stuff for burning under Linux.. ;)

Hah! We still need better tools for Win32 users... the good old DC Factory was awesome, but it could only have 1 program per bootable image. A second project was started to resolve this, but Krypt dropped both it and DCF. The stuff we have now isn't nearly as good as DCF. But whatever, it doesn't make a difference. All I'm saying is that you'd never see a request for a premade bootable image of anything if DC Factory was still around.

my request :) :

a little save game reader/exporter of Saturn emus saves (like Satourne or Girigiri). It could be used to extract game saves in order to send these saves to the Saturn with Slinga tool or with a PAR.

erm, dont you need the satourne source code for that? :) i have a cheap demo with source on the way BTW... its a small demo (nothing special at all)

heres a weird request...porting a dc homebrew to Saturn.

if you could add multitap support for 4+ that would own (for any game), but the specific one I'm refering to isdRxLaX

ahhh, I love this game.

Any project would be great though, thanks for putting the time in to help the sat&dc scenes :)

---Ammut

can i put my 2cents in this...I would love...and I mean love to have chess game for the saturn or NES Perfection eumlator for the saturn...if anybody can do this..I'll give them a BILL for each project, believe that..and think about it.

Originally posted by lethal_illuminati@Dec 5, 2003 @ 11:31 AM

I would love...and I mean love to have chess game for the saturn or NES Perfection eumlator for the saturn

I think it's possible but who will manage to make a perfect NES emu ? (maybe not me)

Back