Anyone figured out how to extract Smash Pack ROMs?

For the PC version, that is. I'm aware that the ROMs are unencrypted on the DC version.

Also, are the ROMs extractable from the Sonic collection for PS2?

Originally posted by racketboy@Sat, 2004-12-25 @ 05:36 AM

Why would you want them off of them when you can just DL the ROMs off the Net?

[post=126448]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, for one thing, I can have some ROMs that are legal, even just the few that are on the Smash Pack.

Also, I'm wondering if they're the same versions anyway. The smash pack claims to contain Super Shinobi, but the actual Super Shinobi is Revenge of Shinobi on an American system. (Of course they might just be emulating everything in Japanese mode.)

well if you "own" the games via the Smash Pack, then there should not be anything illegal by having ROMs that you downloaded.

And I doubt that Sega made a new version of the game for the pack. It's just emulating existing games.

I think he means he wants to see if the ROMs are the same ones floating around on the net.

Does the PC version of smash pack also do a bad job of emulating the genesis sound as the DC one does??

I just played the smash pack on dc.. and the sound is so off and skips at times.. after the originals I just cant play them that way.

Does the PC version of smash pack also do a bad job of emulating the genesis sound as the DC one does??

Not if your sound card is compatible. The PC Smash Pack emu is basically a custom Windows port of KGen98. The DC Smash Pack emu is something completely different.

Back