Anyone has some info about Virtual Boat Race 2?

Anyone has some info about Virtual Boat Race 2? I heard about it somewhere on this board, but i have never heard of it before. Anyone who has any screenshots from it? It sounds great, i didn´t thought the saturn had any game like that.

Yeah, I'm the one who brought this game up first because I ran across a copy of it on eBay which I snagged right away. (I was the only bidder, too, and it was 5 bucks...Heh.)

I haven't gone back to playing it again since my first time trying it but it does look cool... the framerate is not the greatest (think Daytona USA) but the gfx look pleasant and the water and spray effects are done nicely enough. It's competitive boat racing in big basins and it's not very easy, I tell you that. I still have to figure out the whole control thing, actually. The game also features loads and loads and loads of menus, statistical data (of real-life Japanese boat-racing teams I think) and options, it's difficult to get through it all, or maybe just at first.

I'd be happy to go back to the game and make some screenshots as best I can with my webcam... Just let me know...

Interesting! Could you try to get some screenshots? That would be great to see. I bet thats one of the rarest Saturn games released. Also, does it have a two player mode? Splitscreen or something?

Daniel, I know you didn't ask me but I had the game from Taelon and was able to make pic :) Today I found the game better, I don't know why (maybe because I won for the first time a duel at the start of the game :D)

Attachments

• vboatrace2.jpg
    vboatrace2.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 63
  • vboatrace2.jpg
    vboatrace2.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 66
That looks like it could be fun.

Could you get by without knowing japanese?

Daniel, I know you didn't ask me but I had the game from Taelon and was able to make pic Today I found the game better, I don't know why (maybe because I won for the first time a duel at the start of the game

Whoa! It looks fantastic! Seems a bit like waverace, and I really like that game. Should try to find this. Also, do you know if it has a two-player mode?

Originally posted by mal@Sep 7, 2003 @ 07:52 AM

That looks like it could be fun.

Could you get by without knowing japanese?

I think you can play it without japanese knowledge because I managed to play it. Also there are some japanese texts but you can find easily where to change engine,start race etc...

Back