Anyone heard of the MUGEN fighting game emulator

I was just wondering; I have seen emulation sites with this MUGEN thing for Linux and DOS. It is basically a program where you can import fighters and backgrounds from different fighting games i.e King Of Fighters, Street Fighter Alpha, etc. or make your own. Does anyone know if there is any way to get it to work with windows?

Mugen is quality, if you want it to run in windows just grab a front end like mugen configurator, it'll help you add characters and backrounds EZ, too

Cool, I want to design my own characters too! Thanks for the info! I think that it rocks that you can take Mortal Kombat characters and duke it out with Shin Akuma from the Street Fighter series and have Geese from Fatal Fury on the same team. Awesome program; can't wait to use it!!

How cool would it be if ported to Dreamcast? You could make all your fighters, backgrounds etc. on the PC, then stick em on CDR for the Dreamcast!

That would be fantastic :biggrin:

Unfortunately, Elecbyte has explicitly stated that they will not be doing a Dreamcast port. It's possible that this policy will change, but I'm not holding my breath...

The game looks amazing, just like the real fighters with tons more characters, some characters aren't as good but there are a ton of quality ones out there

Back