anyone here draw anime?

Ummm.. well, I kinda do. Only it comes across looking a little more realistic than necessary I guess.. I've done Pikachu, a little Dragonball Z, and some crap of my own dementent creations. The latest thing I've completed is turning the members of Linkin Park anime-ish.

If you're interested, I'd love you show you... At this point I'm homepageless since Angelfire deleted a lot of stuff without warning me, but a friend offered me unlimited space on his server, so I basically just need to load the web again..

once or twice.........
ph34r.gif

I want to start

I'm kinda an artist on the side and am thinking about taking drawing back up.

The Anime style has really interested me. I just have to find a good place to start.

Wow, that's a spicy meatball!
wink.gif

Wait, was that a homoerotic comment?
blink.gif
Anyway, I draw anime, occasionally, I just don't have a scanner.

nice job Klak!

add some nice color and it will look sweet

did you just pick it up on your own, or did you get some tips?

care to share any pointers?

Hey.. that's good!

As for fanart.. I guess I never thought of it in such terms. I have a few objects of my own creation, as in no influence or looking like anything blatantly familiar (at least in my opinion).. But whatever.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 5, 2003 @ 05:15 AM

nice job Klak!

add some nice color and it will look sweet

did you just pick it up on your own, or did you get some tips?

care to share any pointers?

100% original. dont know what u mean by tips, i never use references. dont really have pointers, but i can critique art.

some of my amateur stuff

I always do original work. Since I don't draw as often as I would like to, I find it a waste to spend my drawing-time and skill on other people's characters, when I have a plethora of characters in my head, waiting to be "materialized". :)

My drawing style was always anime-ish... since I was a kid. Even when I did observation drawings (by looking at someone, and using full shading and stuff) when I was in college, people would call it "anime-ish". While I got a lot better in the past year, there's still a long road ahead. My art is still far from what I consider ideal.

Anyway, I'm taking some drawing classes. It's a short "comics" drawing course, pretty cool. So I got to study page layout, inking, and drawing lessons geared towards comics/manga drawings (aka: "sequential art"). The final is a 8-page story. I finished the writing and the page layouts/sketches, and next week I'll start working on the final artwork itself.

Those pics and site are sweet. I draw, but im don't draw a lot of anime. My senior year in highschool will be of almost nothing but art classes and computer animation classes. So next year should be sweet. I like doing concept art and hopefully that is what i end up with a career, concept design artist. And im spent.

DA can get SUPER slow when you open a "deviation" with loads of comments. Those can easily go past 2 MBs. And most pages have at least 300KB worth of images a minimum.

But it loads surprisingly fast at home, where I have 256kbps downstream, and 2GB of internet cache, so I got loads of those avatars in my cache already, and this speeds things up a bit. I do not, however, recommend visiting popular artwork with hundreds of comments under 56k, or little caching.

Yeah...Deviant Art is a great place - I get all my wallpapers there, but damn it is slow at times. They need to segregate the comments from the images and make the "download" button actually download instead of opening the image in a windows (with all the comments...)

Back