anyone know what this is?

There was a video card (Nvidia) that was released a while back that was made to run specifically coded games, from the Saturn - they were PC games, but could only run w/ the video card.

I think only 4 titles made it, one of which being PDS.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Aug. 25 2002, 5:06 pm

There was a video card (Nvidia) that was released a while back that was made to run specifically coded games, from the Saturn - they were PC games, but could only run w/ the video card.

I think only 4 titles made it, one of which being PDS.

So with that card you could stick in one of your saturn games,i.e panzer dragoon,and play it on your pc?

or were they special versions of the game?

Yeah, I don't think PDS got a remake for anything. I remember seeing a review for the unit (PC Format, I think) and it originally shipped with Virtua Fighter (plain vanilla version). I later saw adds that suggested that you could also get Daytona for it too, but I forgot about it after that.

Here's a FAQ, although it mostly covers technical information and not games.

lupas-> They were special versions of the games.

Originally posted by Curtis@Aug. 25 2002, 6:49 pm

Yeah, I don't think PDS got a remake for anything. I remember seeing a review for the unit (PC Format, I think) and it originally shipped with Virtua Fighter (plain vanilla version). I later saw adds that suggested that you could also get Daytona for it too, but I forgot about it after that.

Here's a FAQ, although it mostly covers technical information and not games.

lupas-> They were special versions of the games.

Thx m8.

pity they never released something like that,but you could stick any saturn game in ya pc and play it.would be cool.

oh well ,dream on lupas.......

the Diamond Edge was as PCI card and the two game controlers were on the card or something like that, I wanted to buy this card but Panzer dragoon seemed too be better on a Saturn. On E-Bay, you can see the card sold is an ISA card so it can't be a Diamond Edge.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Aug. 26 2002, 12:22 am

Heh, too bad most pc's nowadays dont have any isa slots.

My 3.5 year old computer has. Two of them, in fact.
tongue.gif
Yes, I know, time to build a new one soon. ???

Back