Anyone planning on seeing'The Passion'?

I don't want to make this into a religious debate, but I was just wondering if anyone else was planning on seeing this movie?

I'l probably see it on DVD. The "controversy" really strikes me as a non-starter; lots of people seem to be having tremendous difficulty finding the anti-semitism in it.

I'll end up seeing sooner or later. Being as the movie is entirly in Hebrew and Aramaic sp?, I will probably wait for the DVD.

I am. I'm a Christian, so I'm definately interested.

I hear it's very powerful.

I'll probably check it out on DVD, if only to see Gibson's take on it (ie - level of 'Braveheartness').

I just an interview just a few mins ago w/ that actor and he was talking about it.

Guess it's true.

My church reserved a whole screening room at our local theatre and sold tickets for $5 (less than normal ticket). They had 250 seats. They sold out within a half hour. I didn't get in soon enough :(

At first I didn't think the movie would make much, but with all the publicity on TV, it might be a big seller.

Keep in mind, this wasn't meant to be a blockbuster by any means. I've known about this movie for months and I originally thought it would be lucky to even make it to many theatres.

I dunno, it's received a hell of a lot of publicity and is fairly high-budget. Blockbuster, no, but it's gotten more promotion than a lot of films that do fairly well ever receive.

High budget? I know Mel Gibson is paying for it with all his own money.

No studio would touch it.

Yea, our college/career group at our church is going too. We are getting discount tickets at $6 each.

Movies are so expensive nowadays. The regular cost of a movie is $9 for evenings here, ouch. :(

I'd go, but going to see movies by yourself is a bummer, and I don't have any friends at my new place yet.

Would I be right in thinking that it is without subtitles?

High budget? I know Mel Gibson is paying for it with all his own money.

Yeah, not 'high budget' in the Hollywood sense of the word, but compared to most independent films. Mel Gibson is one loaded dude.

Just a bit of a sidetrack, being that it's subtitled why do I think no one, or very few, will be able to critisize the voice acting, as per subbed anime or videogames, because no one speaks the languages, one of them being a dead tongue.

I'll be seeing it, but my girlfriend wants me to wait until she's home for spring break so we can see it together.

well my church had a couple hundred more (in addition to the original 300) and when I left they were pretty much sold out of those too.

I'm going, not because of any specific religious reasons (I'm not of the 'faith').

As an aside, it's strange how many people state they're going because they're Christian. Is it a requirement? Very strange.

Back