Anyone using HEW ???

Antime, do you have HEW installed ? You could send me a project file and I could see what I am doing wrong.

Edit:That's the options that HEW is just using :

Code:
-L "c:\program files\renesas\hew22\tools\kpit cummins\gnush-coff\v0303\sh-coff\sgl\lib" -L "$(TCINSTALL)\Sh-coff\lib\gcc-lib\sh-coff\3.3-GNUSH_v0303\m2" -L "$(TCINSTALL)\Sh-coff\sh-coff\lib\m2" -L "c:\progra~1\renesas\hew22\tools\kpitcu~1\gnush-~1\v0303\sh-coff\sgl\lib" -o "$(CONFIGDIR)\$(PROJECTNAME).x" -e _start -LdirC:\Progra~1\Renesas\HEW22\Tools\KPITCu~1\GNUSH-~1\v0303\sh-coff\Sgl\LIB\ -nostartfiles -Tc:\progra~1\renesas\hew22\tools\kpitcu~1\gnush-~1\v0303\sh-coff\sgl\sample\common\sl.lnk -( -l "m" -l "c" -l "gcc" -)

I finally suceeded in compiling and linking the project. I added manually libsgl.a, sglarea.o and cinit.o and the project compiled and linked fine.

A .x file was generated, however it didn't run on the SS... (I renamed it to sl.bin).

Does the build produce a "pure" binary or a COFF object file? If it's the latter, use objcopy to make it a binary. If there is no option for this in the IDE, you should be able to add another step to the build process, the steps were shown in one of the documentation files. (Also, when you added the libs and cinit.o, did you make sure that cinit.o is linked first? This is important.)

No, the build only produces the object files and a .x file (called prova.x since the name of the project is prova).

I have changed the order of the linking and let cinit.o be the first. Now I am going to try what happens.

Code:
Building - prova - Debug

Phase Compiler starting

C:\Program Files\Renesas\HEW22\Tools\KPIT Cummins\GNUSH-COFF\v0303\sh-coff\Sgl\SAMPLE2\prova\prova\main.c

C:\Program Files\Renesas\HEW22\Tools\KPIT Cummins\GNUSH-COFF\v0303\sh-coff\Sgl\SAMPLE2\prova\prova\scroll.c

Phase Compiler finished

Phase Linker starting

Phase Linker finished

Build Finished

0 Errors, 0 Warnings

Back