Are Game Gear Compatible?

Hey guys, I was wondering if all Game Gear and accessories were compatible. For example can I play US games on a Jap or Euro Game Gear? can I use the Master system converter from Jap on US Game Gear? And what about the TV adapter compabilities? Thanks

JS

The GameGear had no region protection for anything, though I'm pretty sure that, for example, a PAL TV Tuner would be useless in an NTSC region.

Well... to specify closer.

Everything is interchangeable. Video wise all GG's are NTSC signals and there is no conversion betwits them all. BUT, when it comes to the tv tuner there is. They all work in all Game Gears... but it won't work unless your in the proper area. The tuner takes in the signal and then puts it up on the GG in the signal excepted by the GG. Well a USA tv tuner is receiving tv from the air waves here in the USA so it is set to receive NTSC video signal. Same with the euro one, it is receiving a PAL signal so the euro one only works in europe.

So, if you had a PAL GG and a PAL tv tuner and came to the USA... tv tuner no worky. But if you go to europe with a US GG and use a PAL tv tuner on it it will work.

Now this is what I have learned about the matter, if someone thinks im wrong. Please reinform me.

Back