Arg...I tried to mod a model 1 and now no spin

Well basically, to make a long story short, I got one of the modchips (standard) which I then proceeded to mod where I think I got it correctly. Mod meaning...rewiring the chip itself. However, the CD drive will simply not spin, for whatever reason (I have no idea), even if I take out the modchip. The only real thing I did to the saturn itself was solder the connector to the power (5v), and connect/reconnect etc. the cables. When I tested the system, nothing happened unusually, except that the CD drive did not spin up. Right now, I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with the system, but no luck....Are there any schematics around? Any advice?

When booting up, the system has a flashing access light going, and green cubes at the opening "Checking disk format". It also has no opening animation.

Originally posted by exo001@Sat, 2006-06-17 @ 12:17 AM

When booting up, the system has a flashing access light going, and green cubes at the opening "Checking disk format". It also has no opening animation.

[post=146697]Quoted post[/post]​

Model 1 sega saturns can get screwed up so easily, unlike the model two which is a bit tougher.

I suggest you should check your connections again without the modchip installed here are some pointers.

1) check the ribbon cable (the one that connects the mobo to the cd-rom)

2) check other wires that connect the cd-rom to the power board

(some model1 gets the cd-roms power directly to the PSU)

If you can show some pictures of your saturn's inside and the picture of the mod you used maybe we can help you more

goodluck!! you need some :)

Back