Articles like this make me sick

Nadius

Established Member
xbox has a better online platform, but its true EA hasnt supported xbox for online, choosing to do things their own way that sucks ass

I have over 10 consoles of all types, and most often I do play PS2. I have BBA (the one from PS2Linux kit) and HDD (same source), but never used them for anything but PS2Linux itself.

XBOX have very little appeal to me at this moment, since it's big, chunky and is a cheap celeron box with locked games. True, Halo rocks, but FPS isn't my fav type of games, and FPS cries for a mouse and keyboard anyway.

I really do think PS2 is a godly platform. Great and simple. Strong and humble.

If someone don't like it, because it's from Sony, and "Sony destroyed SEGA" and "Sony is destroyng Nintendo" what can I say? I appreciate things for what they are, not for stupid speculations and fanboy flamewars.

Just my opinion, go ahead, have your own. This is what's good about all of us being different.

I've found that any mainstream media that isn't dedicated to the gaming industry knows squat about it.

Actually that's true about most subjects.

If you are an expert in a certain field, you will find many dumb statements when the mainstream media reports on it

"The best pick for a console -- if you're looking for the widest selection of games."

But, not quality over quantity.

Pfft, I hate the PS2. I used to own one, and my sis has one... So it's not like I'm being a fanboy of anyone.

The Dreamcast Still has a better selection of games, by far.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 11, 2003 @ 09:04 PM

personally, online play for me isn't really an issue. I've found most people I end up playing against are just dicks.

I can second that.

I also do not get games that are dependant on online connection.

Enhancements are nice, but I like to keep games for a long time and not have to worry about how popular the games are (so there are enough participants) or if the servers are even open anymore (like many DC games)

Actually, ps2 is the system I probably play the least. My gamecube gets use when my friends are over, for games like mario party, mario golf, and mario kart. My xbox gets use the rest of the time because I'm lazy and don't like getting up to find my games lol. I can just sit down and play a nice game of kotor or something without having to go find discs or memory cards.

ya, quality over quantity. There really isn't any games at all that are must-have on any of the nextgen consoles if u think about it. Not very many classics :-\. But, PS2 is my least fave of all 3....just a bunch of horrable games w/ a shitty controller. I never really liked the PS1 anyways, they had a few good rpgs and games like castlevania but other than that, eh it sucked IMO.

In my houshold, the bitch box has the best games......I have litterally THOUSANDS of oldschool games on there. Once again. if u dont have a modded xbox, go get one you'll never regret it.

I own all 3 systems. I find my Gamecube gets the most use. My PS2 is mainly used for playing PS 1 games. I only recently got an XBox, but I do like the online support for it.

I also agree with the no-essential-games-for-nextgen statement.

There's a couple here and there, but nothing to justify buying another console.

the GC looks the best for me because of the party/muliplayer games.

My wife has been drooling over the new PacMan and Donkey Konga

Originally posted by racketboy+Dec 11, 2003 @ 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Dec 11, 2003 @ 04:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 11, 2003 @ 09:04 PM

personally, online play for me isn't really an issue. I've found most people I end up playing against are just dicks.

I can second that.

I also do not get games that are dependant on online connection.

Enhancements are nice, but I like to keep games for a long time and not have to worry about how popular the games are (so there are enough participants) or if the servers are even open anymore (like many DC games) [/b][/quote]

You guys are totally missing out. All you need is a few decent ppl on your friend list and you will have next to no problems. A lot of times I host games myself (decent upload for hosting :) ) and as soon as somebody even pretends to act like a dick they get booted. Any decent host will boot the assholes quickly and w/o prejudice.

I didn't read the article but for them to say that ps2 has the lead in online is ridiculous. The ps2's only huge online game sucks in terms of play and features. EA's online games pretty much suck to so they're no big loss to xbox live. EA's newest ps2 online game (need for speed underground) won't let you chat online at all, not even with a keyboard. lame... They also allow 56k players which causes the games to freeze up for seconds at a time occasionally. lame...

EA makes some pretty good games but their online stuff is pointless.

Back