atari jaguar+ atari lynx vs. xbox 360

i asked someone at school this (when i was still in school) who claims to be a retro gamer. he stared at me and said that he had never heard of the atari lynx or jaguar and xbox 360 is PWNage. he could also only name 4 NES games. (mario 1,2,3 and tetris)

atari for me. xbox is teh suxor compared to any classic system.

Just use the compromise... "Wiivolution."

Xbox (1, not 360) is actualy a retrogamer's paradise... Just install the softmod and download the Big Ass Emulator Disc series. :D

Jaguar has a really unique architecture, and a few gems (Tempest 2000 immediately springs to mind), but come on. The controller design borders on hilariously bad, you can count the games really worth owning on one hand, and most of those have been ported/updated for more mainstream systems. I'm all for venerating the past generations, but Jaguar isn't exactly a shining example of old-school excellence.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2006-07-14 @ 03:18 PM

But in return you get the worst controller of the mainstream consoles.

[post=147040]Quoted post[/post]​

Perhaps... if you have small hands. Me, I can't stand the PS/PS2 controller. Buttons are too small and too close together. GCN Wavebird is just about perfect, though. But the Xbox... I found that the original controller was good for me for some games that didn't involve a lot of button mashing. IE: racing games. The S-controller was perfect for games like SW:KOTOR. But now I use only a Hip Gear wireless one that is somewhere in the middle for size. I've also seen a Pelian or Mad Katz one at Wal-Mart that is super-small. There've been enough variations in size for the 'box controllers that you should be able to find a third-party one that's comfortable for you if you don't like the official MS ones.

Not to mention the adapter to use PS/PS2 or GCN controllers on it... Don't see that at Wal-Mart, but most of the more specialty shops around here (Gamestop, The Exchange, EBG) usualy have them in stock.

It's really a matter of opinion anyway. I find the PS2 controllers too damn easy to break, the only one I have that still works from one I first got my PS2 is a third party controller. 2 official sony ones both have at least one bad button. My xbox controller works perfectly, although I have a street fighter anniversary pad for my emulator needs.

I agree, the street fighter pads are the best thing you can get for the xbox if your into emulation on it.

Back