ATI All In Wonder Pro software?

Hi does anyone know where I can get the TV tuner and capture software for this card?

An ATI All In Wonder Pro, its quite old its from 1997 I think its a RAGE 3D 8MB or somthing. Anyhow it plays Quake 1 and 2 in OpenGL.

It has all manor of inputs and outputs and 1 of them is a TV tuner. I have the drivers and multimedia center but the Tuner is not there

Its also not on ATI`s site. I got all I can from there.

For only a measle £7 brand new this card is pretty cool I got from a computer fair the guy had loads. Only downside is I have to turn off the GeForce in the Bios or all hell breaks lose and the Driver CD does not work on XP or 2K

For some reason it just dont show as a capture in Virtual Dub my camara does though?

Some caprure programs it does some in,it dont work with?

I have all the drivers for it and the multi media center thing...But still it eludes me.

I can output to TV fine though.The TV tuner bit on the card dont work I got the multi media center for that but when I click TV Tuner it does nothing :(

The default drivers in XP for it don't support it. Go here and download the "Alternate Driver" they list. They warn that capture performance will NOT be as good as with Win 98/ME. You can also grab their TV tuner/capture software below.

I personally prefer seperate TV tuners, you can get something of decent quality for $50-60 and it allows you to upgrade your video card seperately. But if the driver above works good enough for you, that's great.

Alexvrb there the drivers I got and the software there but it does not work.

The confuison lies in the name I think :

ALL IN WONDER PRO

ALL IN WONDER RAGE

ALL IN WONDER RAGE 128

ALL IN WONDER 3D RAGE

They are all different cards with different drivers

Game Boy that info you got there is for the Rage IIC I have 1 of them in a old P200.That thing is not even 3D in any way :( I had probs getting the software for that ATI say use the Windows driver for that card and I did and it works fine.This ATI card is another matter :(

The link I gave you was what they listed for the AIW Pro, unless you don't really have an AIW pro. Are you sure its not like an AIW 128 Pro?

Yep,it is definatly a All in Wonder Pro because the manuel just calls it a All In Wonder Pro no mention of Rage`s or 128 anywhere in it.

Plus all the other cards seem to have more than 8MB RAM this only has 8MB.It seemed to come in 4MB and 8MB vers

I have kind of worked out the problem from various sites and it seems the capture drivers that Windows XP need are WDM the card only has VXD drivers or somet for Windows 9X hence why everthing else works fine with the drivers that we both found but not anything going into the card.

So anything will come out but nothing will go in :(

No TV Tuner thingy either:(

There seem to be hacked drivers around but I just cant find them.It seems people have maniged to get the All In Wonder Radeon`s Multi-Media center I thinks its 8.6 or 8.8 to work and install with a older non-Radeon card by means of somehow fooling it and renaming directories.

I cant find guides or anything on how to do this,they all seem incomplete :(

It is a Rage-based card, regardless. Try uninstalling any current driver and using this one. It is supposedly WDM and have tv tuner support, etc, with Multimedia Center 7.2 support. If that doesn't work, you could try looking around or asking people at the rade3d.com forums.

Gallstaff: Maybe he just wants it to work, and has no money. If he doesn't play modern games, and just wants basic TV functionality, that card should do fine. Of course, his first mistake was installing XP with something old and poorly supported... he'd probably be rockin it right now with Win98/ME.

Yeah I am dam poor! :)

Any how my other card in the AGP is a GF2 Ti and that plays games fine.

I am not a big games player at all my PC is really a work horse.

The ATI I stuck in there was only like £7 brand new so cant really complain.Since I am not going to spend mega money on some kick ass Radeon or whatever with all this capture,output,TV tuner stuff when this will do the same?(Just not the gaming bit)

I might just see what spares I have have lying about I have 4 Pentium Classics MMXs missing odd bits and bobs I may just chuck em together and use it in that.

Yep been to RAGEUNDERGROUND , RAGE3D.COM , and GURU3D no one seems to know they all just laugh at me :(

God I cant wait for the S3 come back!!! :)

That driver is again the same version I checked the numbers 5.10.2600.6010 is the one I got installed.

Whoops, you're right, the site that linked to it said it was a different version. I don't think a Pentium MMX has enough power to properly view TV, even though the AIW does much of the work. I've used them, I have a Pentium MMX in a box someplace. That's pretty outdated. What you COULD try is using WinME/98, I mean the card isn't really supported by ATI for use on 2k/XP. Sounds similar to an old ATI TV tuner my friend had... friggin ATI didn't ever bother releasing proper XP drivers for it, so he had to buy a new one even though he just wanted to watch some TV on his new XP box.

WDM drivers will suck the life out of a Pentium MMX machine. I tried using them on my 233 with my TV card and had to settle for 320x240 resolution at 15FPS. Anything more and the image stuttered like crazy. VXD bypasses the CPU altogeher and just send the data directly to the video card. It's not use anymore however because it is very prone to crashes and is low security.

Back