• Rise from your gwave!

Audio out of sync

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by Tym, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Tym

Tym New Member

On my backup on both Shining Force CD and Snatcher the audio is sometimes off by about 1-2 seconds. Is this normal? Does the type of CD-R make a differance? What types do you guys use?

Tym

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

try burning DAO instead of TAO.

3. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Some people have said that the different types of CD-R's you use does make a difference. Im not sure if thats true or not, but I use Memorex and I almost never have any trouble with my burns.

4. JCTango

JCTango New Member

how about the cue sheet? Maybe your audio's don't have the correct times and/or pregaps...

5. Tym

Tym New Member

I don't see that option on cdrwin

6. lancastoor

lancastoor New Member

CDRWIN always burns DAO.. Try burning TAO w/fireburner or something.. Though whoever ripped it probably introduced the 2 sec when ripping..

Or its possible that the game is just that way.. find an original and compare..

7. RadSil

RadSil New Member

I don't know much about your situation, but there is one probable reason... If the game iso/mp3 were created from a binchunker processed bin file, if the game's audio had any pregaps they show up in the file. That is, there may be 2 seconds or so of silence before the track really starts. Cut out the two seconds with GoldWave or Cool Edit and burn it DAO.

8. Gear

Gear New Member

I think that the problema can be the segacd itself, I sometimes have this problem with some originals.

9. RadSil

RadSil New Member

My unit has a similar problem sometimes, it sounds like it is having trouble seeking to different tracks...