Automatic Redirection

mtxblau

Mid Boss
If someone visits your website from a sub-page, say me visiting the Linx section of SX, is there a way to redirect them to the main-page of the website (aside from placing a link on every single page)?

Also for this to work in the way that i think you want.. you would need to test for the referring page.. If its not your main page.. then redirect.. if it is then let them stay..

What I meant was a global tag. This wouldn't work, since if they accessed the page they'd be automatically forced to the main page. In turn this would create a continuous loop.

I think the only way is to make some kind of link on each page. That in and of itself will be a chore and a half.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like what I was asking implemented, because it would require server side to analyze every single entry page and decide whether or not it's ok. That'd probably be a java thing, and may just weigh the whole website down. After all, it's a personal, boring website.

:)

But thank you though.

depends, if you don't have server capabilities you don't have much choice.

if you do have server capabilities, force all hyperlinks to your site, from others, to redirect to your main page. a lot of sites do this.

exactly how, I know not, just that this is a server issue, blocking or redirecting links from other sites.

Back