AVP

Actually Rolf, it does have something to do with the Alien movies. Its a linker. It takes place after predators 1 and 2, and before Alien.

Henricksen plays Charles Bishop Weyland, the proprietor of Weyland Utani.

Its a sequel to Predator, prequel to Alien. And it was a good movie to boot.

edit: typo

Wayland Yutani... and its doesnt become Wayland Yutani Corp. until aliens. Its just Wayland Corp. in AVP and Alien.

I was upset cause i thought they might f shit up puttin' bishop in AVP seeing how he is human in Alien 3... but it could just be a distant relative.

So it's a prequel to Alien/Aliens/Alien 3/Alien: Resurrection, and a sequel to Predator/Predator 2?

Hm....

Interesting...

Originally posted by lordofduct@Aug 16, 2004 @ 03:59 AM

I was upset cause i thought they might f shit up puttin' bishop in AVP seeing how he is human in Alien 3... but it could just be a distant relative.

Actually dude, I sincerely beleive that the "Bishop" that was in Alien 3 was, in fact, an synthetic. He claims he's not a robot, yadda yadda yadda... and he had red blood, instead of milky white crap that came out... but look at his ear.

He wouldn't have been as calm as he was.. "Think of all we can learn from it, Ripley!!" etc etc etc.... all the time his left hear hanging two inches from the ground. In fact, in the Quadrilogy pack, Henrickson's character (in Alien 3) was referred to as "Bishop II". I htink he was a synthetic, but a highly advanced one, even more advanced than maybe Call in Alien 4.

just my two cents.

And Rolf - yes, that's correct. It's a linker. So, in effect the timeline goes:

Predator -> Predator 2 -> AvsP -> Alien -> Aliens -> Alien 3: It's From a COW! -> Alien: Resurrection

Its only from a cow in the directors cut... which so rocked ass. i see we got another huge alien fan like myself here. but i still consider him human in alien 3 because of that blood, thats all personal opinion, thats why i wasn't upset with AvP

I thought his only part in Alien 3 was when she reactivated his head so he could access the ship's computer records or something like that. He was the same Bishop from Aliens, just he got trashed when her ship crashed into the prison planet. Wouldn't that mean he was a robot/cyborg/mechanical+electronic being?

Keep in mind, I haven't seen A3 since about 1996.

no at the end of alien 3 he shows up and tries to stop her from jumping into the reactor by telling her they want to remove it and save her... she knows they just want the xenomorph so she kills herself... my fav movie of the series OH YEAH fincher rocks.

That's correct. It's Henrickson, as Bishop at the end. He said they figured she would want to see a friendly face. There's still debate as to whether it was a relative of Charles Bishop Weyland, or if it was a synthetic.

*i think it was a synth)

Back