Bad color in 3D textures.

I'm attempting to repair a Saturn that shows green colors on certain 3D textures. For example the bottom of the spaceship in the CD menu shows the wrong green color instead of gray. Caps have already been replaced. I've also reflowed the RAM chips, would anyone have an idea of what to try next?

Hi there! Did you ever manage to fix this? I'm a games repair technician who's working to build out documentation for repairing and servicing Saturn hardware. There's basically nothing out there at the moment.

Which motherboard revision is your Saturn?

I haven't revisited it in a while, the board is not with me at the moment but I'll reply back when I get back to that location.

No worries!! If you're interested I'd be happy to take a look at it free of charge, it'd be helpful in building out repair documentation, or if you'd like to talk one-on-one about it I'd be cool with that too! I suspect it is an issue with the address lines between the VDP2 (handling the background layers, like the gray surface of the spaceship interface) and one of its attendant RAM chips underneath the board.

Back