Best Big Screen for Video Gaming?

I'm getting a big screen TV soon. Any suggestions? Only got $2500 to spend. all I need is s-video input and hopefully bigger than 50 inches. Thanks.

I think you should just send that money over to me. It is better to give than to recieve!
smile.gif

I believe Toshiba make nice TVs with all manner of input options, I don't know about prices though...

Just a word about size, if your planning on runnign any classic systems teh bigger you get sometimes the worse they look, right now i'm on a toshiba 46~ ish inch widescreen tv and old games like PDS dont look as good as teh would on a smaller screen.

Originally posted by ramirez60@July 21 2002, 8:04 pm

I'm getting a big screen TV soon. Any suggestions? Only got $2500 to spend. all I need is s-video input and hopefully bigger than 50 inches. Thanks.

I hope you die in fire.

Originally posted by Raijin Z+July 22 2002, 4:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Raijin Z @ July 22 2002, 4:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ramirez60@July 21 2002, 8:04 pm

I hope you die in fire.[/b][/quote]

WTF??

Bit harsh isn't it?

I've not done a great deal of experimentation, but from what I've heard and read there's not a great deal of overlap between a good home theater TV and a good gaming TV.

I recommend a Pioneer TV set for the best picture....but you need like 2x that kind of chump change
wink.gif
and Component, S-Video and Optical In are what you want on it, for alot of compatibility between different systems.
smile.gif

s-video is about as high of quality as you're gonna get from a Saturn -- Component would be a waste of your time.

also I would say invest some of that money on a nice stereo setup if you don't have one already. Get a nice receiver with lots of inputs plus a good speaker set. If you want a good gaming experience, you need good sound. I recommend Pioneer.

Back