Best EXCLUSIVE Saturn Games

Hi folks,

This is what I'd like to see : a list with all the best saturn games that are ONLY on this console. I'd put in :

- Mr Bones ! (I'm upset it's not even in the best saturn list)

- All Shining games

- Legend of Oasis

- Princess Crown

- Radiant Silvergun

- Guardian Heroes

- Death Tank one and Zwei ;)

- 3 dirty dwarves (I love that game, gameplay is so original)

- the yakyuuken special :lol:

Do you agree about having a thread like this one ?

Djidjo

Yes, by exclusive I mean "home system exclusive" :)

Gee, this reminds me of the game I bought a Saturn for !

Dungeons and Dragons Collection (only on Capcom CPS2 and Saturn)

Originally posted by Twillinx@Sep 22, 2003 @ 07:52 AM

When you say ONLY Saturn do you actually mean Saturn and arcade?

Good point :) If it's no arcade then you can't include virtua on, virtua fighter, virtua cop, daytona and sega rally though if it is arcade you would be including strikers 1945 II which most probably came out on arcade first before it came out on saturn..

You probably mean exclusive from other consoles

Anyways here's some good games only found on Saturn or Sega Arcade.

Bug

Clockwork Knight

Daytona USA

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Sega Rally

Sonic R

Strikers 1945 II

Virtua Cop

Virtua Fighter

Virtual On

----

200th Post!

A PSX version of Strikers 1945 II came out earlier this year. There are also PC conversions of Sega Rally, Panzer Dragoon (and Zwei, I think), Sonic R, Daytona, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter.

Winter Heat and Decathlete (Athlete Kings), are exclusive to Saturn (and arcade :D), at least as far as I know. And I reccon they're among the best exclusive ones.

Worldwide soccer '97 & '98 too are exclusive, again, as far as I know.

Sonic R came out on PC? Didn't know that.

Originally posted by mal@Sep 22, 2003 @ 04:35 PM

I'm pretty sure only the first one made it to the PC.

Yes, you seem to be right.

Most Sega of the Saturn conversions are now sold by Xplosiv.

Saturn exclusive games that come to my mind are:

Nights into Dreams

Deep Fear

Burning Rangers

Amok

Steep Slope Sliders(arcade?)

Games that have pre- or sequells on other systems(console or arcade):

House Of The Dead 1(arcade, too)

Thunderhawk 2

Originally posted by Twillinx@Sep 22, 2003 @ 09:42 PM

It was a superb port too.

It was just like the Saturn version, except the graphics were in twice the resolution, it supported 4 player split screen play, 4 player online play with a patch, weather effects, and an overhauled Radiant Emerald....

For SegaPC's usual standard, it was quite superb.

Originally posted by Shakey Jake33+Sep 22, 2003 @ 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shakey Jake33 @ Sep 22, 2003 @ 11:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Twillinx@Sep 22, 2003 @ 09:42 PM

It was a superb port too.

It was just like the Saturn version, except the graphics were in twice the resolution, it supported 4 player split screen play, 4 player online play with a patch, weather effects, and an overhauled Radiant Emerald....

For SegaPC's usual standard, it was quite superb. [/b][/quote]

hmmm -- didn't know the port was that good ....

A PSX version of Strikers 1945 II came out earlier this year
Ooops, forgot about the PSX version. And I believe it's been out a hellova lot longer than just this year. :cool:

There are also PC conversions of Sega Rally, Panzer Dragoon (and Zwei, I think), Sonic R, Daytona, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter.
I know, but PC conversions shouldn't be included since we're talking about exclusive games to other consoles (PC isn't a console....and games made for them aren't video games - there computer games).

Saturn exclusive games that come to my mind are:

Nights into Dreams
Gah, forgot Nights :damn: :damn:

Virtual On and Radiant Silvergun were both in the arcade
Yep, the only place to place them is on a "home system" (console), or Arcade. No PSX conversions here :cool:

Well Virtua Fighter is on the 32x, Virtua Racing is on the 32x and Genesis, and Daytona USA was released for the Dreamcast.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 23, 2003 @ 12:55 AM

and Daytona USA was released for the Dreamcast.

If you want to get technical, Daytona USA 2001 was on DC, but not Daytona and Daytona CCE

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Sep 23, 2003 @ 02:42 AM

Ooops, forgot about the PSX version. And I believe it's been out a hellova lot longer than just this year.

The PAL version only came out last winter or early spring, IIRC. It's been improved on since the US release, as it now features a 90-degrees scrolling mode.

Originally posted by antime+Sep 23, 2003 @ 03:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Sep 23, 2003 @ 03:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CrazyGoon@Sep 23, 2003 @ 02:42 AM

Ooops, forgot about the PSX version. And I believe it's been out a hellova lot longer than just this year.

The PAL version only came out last winter or early spring, IIRC. It's been improved on since the US release, as it now features a 90-degrees scrolling mode.[/b][/quote]

The Next time I go to the video store I'll check the SCEE# and see how new it is compared to others. You could be right that it came out this winter but I'm pretty sure I saw it on the shelf late last year :blush:

Gah, I wish it was like it was back in the days of old. 99% of games on NES and SMS were exclusive :smokin:

Then:

"Shit, you guys have made some highly successful games - I better get my act together and develop some high sellers of my own."

Now:

"Shit, you made a game that sells - mind if I buy the rights to publish that game on my system?"

Back