Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 8.x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 10

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Amon

Staff member
Everyones favorate OS to hate Windows. Time to pick your poison. Which is your favorate version of windows, best version of windows.

I voted "NT prior to XP", for Windows 2000. I use XP now, if only because it's still actively supported. A lot of software decides that 2K isn't suitable, and MS has pretty much stopped releasing anything but security hotfixes for 2K; even the new versions of the Windows SDK refuse to install.

I loved the windows 3.1x line. I have been meaning to install it again in a virtual machine just to mess around with it. 7 Thus far does look a lot better than vista by the way. Its at RTC anyways by microsoft standards that practically finished until SP1.

Amon said:
I loved the windows 3.1x line. I have been meaning to install it again in a virtual machine just to mess around with it. 7 Thus far does look a lot better than vista by the way. Its at RTC anyways by Microsoft standards that practically finished until SP1.

Must agree, so far 7 looks to be Vista done right. Will say this though after using Vista with SP1 it isn't all that bad but it doesn't add anything new to the computing experience that makes it worth while. (Only reason I use it is so I can be familiar with it for support issues)

Honestly, everybody awaits 7 like the killer OS, but it doesn't have that much differences with Vista ... some things are better, but not that much ...

And it's not at all the big leap ahead compared to Vista that everybody wants to make us believe :rant2:

(I hate Vista, really)

So it'd be XP for me.

I voted 3.1 also. I have a lot of good memories of computers in that era. Lots of bad memories too actually. In any case, when I'm on a windows box, I still resort to using the command line all the time because it's what I grew up on.

On a side note, in many of the later versions of windows program manager (progman) is still present and can be run. What this essentially does is give you the windows 3.1 interface on top of your later version of windows. I don't know if it was present in me, 2k or xp, and I highly doubt it's in vista or 7, but I know for a fact it was in 95, 98, and 98SE.

Vista isn't terrible; though it is MS's fault for letting third party vendors assume that everyone runs with administrative rights... and MS's for not forcing users to use a non-super user account for daily activities.

I know as a practical matter they can't drop the 32bit line, but it'd be nice if they would eventually stop making it.

I voted Win2K.

I just upgraded from xp tablet edition on my laptop to win764bit pro. Still getting used to everything. The damn firewall throws me off :p.

Despite needing a specific order to installing patches and drivers NT4 was awesome. I had dual Voodoo2s with a dual Pentium II 450s on a 4 drive RAID. Even Zelda 64 ran nice! Windows 2000 can still run almost all the games I need without lame activation. XP is where they enforced that you DON'T own your copy of Windows: it's just a license agreement you made. Funk that.

Windows XP was always my favourite Windows. I always loved the aesthetic and was very stable and fast compared to other Windows versions.

Back