Best Firewall program???

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
I am getting DSL soon and need sum firewall programs. What are the best ones out there that are free? Thanks all, Later.

As ExCyber mentioned, Zone Alarm is a great choice. If you're just looking for something simple like me then it's probably the best choice out there. It doesn't let you customize it to what ports get what access etc. So if you're looking for advanced features I'd skip it and be ready to shell out some cash for one. It's very, very easy to use. I've only had a few problems with it which are usually circumvented by disabling ZA while you run whatever program is incompatible with it (so far only a handful of multiplayer games). Great, free, simple protection for an "always on" type of internet connection.

Zonealarm is fine cept that it is a TRUE blocker, no config nor updates that really are good, also had issues on XP where IF it wasnt loaded, internet wouldnt work.

Norton Firewall is good as it has a database of auto config and so on. Works well, can even block ping requests etc....

Originally posted by Mysticales@June 08 2002,11:16

Norton Firewall is good as it has a database of auto config and so on. Works well, can even block ping requests etc....

It's not normally free though is it?

Trial version is, but i mean I have mine, I have from 2001 to 2002, (Good to be the Pc tech!)

Also have internet security but I recommnd to my clients unless they have XP, they should use normal 2001 stuff.

Good to buy however....

I am straped for cash though. I have 5 dollars to my name and no job or anything. So once that 5 dollars is up, I am flat broke! I REALLY need to get a job....... If anyone knows where I can get a slighly less legal copy of this please message me and let me know. I don't want anything illegal, just sumthing a little less legal than the origional. Thanks all for the advice, u have really helped a lot.

Back