best game enhancer

vbt

Staff member
After few search I saw that those game enhancer can play imports but i'd like to know which one is the best. I think all have drawbacks and benefits. It would be perfect if you could give me some help to choose the best.
smile.gif

I had game shark cdx. The thing worked like crap. The Gameshark memory card itself became corrupt and could no longer use any codes. And it would cause the dreamcast to act weird. I have learned to never trust interact again. I bought one of there 3rd party controllers, and it short circuited 2 dreamcast's controller ports. I still have it in my closet to smash one day. I was thinking of trading it in at EB or Gamestop to get a buck or two for it, but i wouldn't want someone who still loves there DC to buy it and go through the same trouble. I also bought a 8X memory card from them that hooked up to the PC to store saved games. That stupid card gave me so much trouble when connecting to the computer. It would only work on occasion and also caused me a lot of greif. Don't trust interact!

Get a Code Breaker, I cannot comment for Action Replay for the DC, but Gameshark CDX = crap IMO.

I hate how it moves and looks. :smash

Never had a problem with the cdx. Gamestop employees used to say that codebreaker could damage your system. But we all know how far to trust gamestop employees... lol

Codebreaker is the best dude......the Gameshark CDX is the biggest piece and Action Replay is pretty close just not as shitty. The Codebreaker is the most reliable and it boots everyone of my imports which include such games like shenmue 2, ikaruga, and guilty gear x....BTW, the PS1 Codebreaker will let u boot up backups as well
smile.gif
, if anyone wants to know how, just PM me, later kids.

/me was booting backups of ps1 games with his gameshark 5 years ago, what's your point? lol. In any case, yeah a lot of people prefer codebreaker over gs. As far as I'm concerned I've never had a problem with a gameshark, and I've never had a problem with not finding a code if I happen to need one for my gamesharks/action replays (cause they are the same thing afterall).

If I was you, I'd go with whichever you feel more comfortable with, or whichever is available in your area. Hell, with how cheap dcast stuff has gotten... you might as well get both lol.

Back