BIG ASS PIZZA

lordofduct

Established Member
My brother owns a pizza restaraunt inside of a gas station right down the street from me... he bought it off my dad like 4 months ago. A while back when opening this restaraunt my father made the "BIG ASS PIZZA" and tonight I brought one into work... I figured i should post a pic of it here to let you see THE BIG ASS PIZZA". that is what its called, literally.

Theres a had in the pic for size reference.

bigazzpizza.jpg

ohhh, theres a funny story behing the name... When customers come in they would look around at all the box's, eh, small box, medium box, large box...... what the fuck. "WHAT IS THAT BIG ASS BOX FOR?" hrmmmmm.

So if your ever in west palm florida... order one of these for your next LAN party or VF tourney

Thats one monster pizza. Reminds me of the old Pizza Hut "Big Foot" pizza. But that was square and came in a crappy box.

i thought the big foot was lil' ceasar... hrmmm, might be wrong.... always ate at friends of family pizza joints or our own.

Nope, it was Pizza Hut. I started working there when the werephasing it out. Little Ceaser's packaged their pizza's in a similar long package. But with them, you got 2 square pizzas.

thats a great looking pie.

going down to FL in a few weeks, may drop by for a big ass pizza that will result in a big ass crap.

if I was you, I would post more about that magic pie on other sites, I guarantee you would bring in alot of business, cause chain pizza places are good, but little places like that usually have the best pie.

oh boy, do I love pie.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 26, 2004 @ 06:34 AM

I could eat it. I'm a pizza fiend. It has to be good pizza, though -- no crap.

When my brother worked at the Castiglia's downtown, he made a good NY-style pizza. They also occasionally made huge pizzas that took up an entire oven rack - but they cut them into squares. I'd rather get like 3 larges sliced normally. I mean granted I understand why they don't cut it normally, it's huge.

is castiglias a mom and pop kind of pizza joint, or is it chain. Cause my buddy has a pizza joint in his college town savanna called castiglias, and i thought it was mom and pop. They make big pizzas just like the ones at my brothers pizza restaurant.

It's kind of both. Luigi Castiglia started the first one after he sold his half of a restaurant called Vinnie's (to Vinnie). But each Castiglia that I know of is owned by a different person, they're all like family and stuff though. So it is kind of a chain, but they're really not the same restaurant, they'll have different atmosphere, suppliers, somewhat different food, etc. I don't think that any Castiglia outside of my area are at all connected with these ones.

Back