Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer star in Matrix parody

Just in case anyone is still in denial,

Linux = The Matrix

Microsoft = The Rebellion

<JonStewart>Whaaaaaaaa?!?</JonStewart>

WTF? Don't tell me they're actually serious with this.

OTOH, this is kind of a sneaky marketing tactic.. everybody realizes that the machines would be MS, so by poking fun and saying 'hey.. we know we're an evil megacorporation, but isn't it goofy when we pretend we're not?' they can somehow make people think they're hip or something.. well, not really, but still, MS has tried to be hip in the past and failed miserably, this is probably the best advertising I've seen out of them. Way better than their pathetic attempt at countering apple's 'switch' campaign. You gotta love how these marketroid mindgames work.

it's not a commerical or anything.

they've done stuff like this before.

It's just supposed to be a funny thing at a conference

Yes besides, it wasn't intended for people who are not MS zombies to see.

Bill looks funny in martial arts atire.

Heh, yeah I know it's not a TV spot or anything, but it still falls under the realm of advert/marketing. It's from a MS conference? The title of the page says 'Comdex 2003' etc etc. Or is it from a side MS con at Comdex or something? I'd love to get more info on this.

I love their whole 'Linux error message' dealy.. 'LINUX Kernel Error! Recompile Driver??' heh. I'm going to have to make a mockup of that myself and put it as my desktop BG. It's funny because it's like 'See? Being able to compile and edit software is BAD for you!'

Originally posted by it290@Nov 18, 2003 @ 09:01 AM

I love their whole 'Linux error message' dealy.. 'LINUX Kernel Error! Recompile Driver??' heh. I'm going to have to make a mockup of that myself and put it as my desktop BG. It's funny because it's like 'See? Being able to compile and edit software is BAD for you!'

They must not have taken the time to learn Linux properly.

With ignorance comes bias.

You take the IBM/Linux pill and you stay in Wonderland.

You take the red pill and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

:lol:

Attachments

• 01280027_20_Small_.jpg
    01280027_20_Small_.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 01280027_20_Small_.jpg
    01280027_20_Small_.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 104
Yeah, come to think of it, using Linux does lead to a normal, happy life, wheras using Windows is kind of like being attacked by strange machines with giant tentacles all the time. 😉

Back