Bio Hazard Cut Scenes

I have recently modded my Saturn with region switches. I also have the Japanese version of Resident Evil (Bio Hazard). Now whenever I open a door in the game, the cut scene of the door opening is not one smooth animation. It has some slight pauses, like its a loading time delay. As this is the only Japanese game I have for the moment, I was wondering, are loading times normally long on the Saturn version of this game? Or could it be my laser lens needs cleaning or the laser might need a slight power adjustment. Its the same on 50 or 60hz also. Another thing is, (its hard to tell because of the ridiculous charatcer animations) I THINK the voice acting is finishing BEFORE the character animations are. Its like the characters are still moving but the talking has stopped. Any advice would be appreciated guys. Cheers

Brilliant thats the info I was looking for (if I have to open a saturn 1 more time, I think i'll crack). It must be the way its programed, the saturn simply cant load the information fast enough. Cheers and thanks for the response!

That delay is on my copy too, and it was a sealed copy when I bought it some 2 years ago. Both my model 1 and 2 have it as well.

There are small pauses on my version too (US Saturn, Japanese Bio Hazard). Obviously lack of optimizations, that are everywhere in the game.

The Saturn version could've been a lot better with a bit more effort.

Thanks for the feedback guys, you have saved me some headaches. Just a lack of optimizations as M3d10n stated. The gamecube version is the hands down winner.

Maybe it's the super-B-movie feeling, that got pale in the remake?

Nothing beats those cheesy dialogues and the live-action parts :)

I've never played the gamecube version but the psx dual shock version was probably the best of the lot.Had everything that the directors cut and original had plus harder difficulty levels and some different music IIRC,along with dual shock compatability....not that the game could get any harder,chris's story was the hardest out of any RE game.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Jun 21, 2004 @ 04:13 AM

Maybe it's the super-B-movie feeling, that got pale in the remake?

Nothing beats those cheesy dialogues and the live-action parts :)

Well I do like that part of it, I like games to have a bit of humor, either intentional or not. :lol:

I also think the soundtrack of the original is much better then the remake. They ruined some of the best tunes in the remake.

Another problem I have with the GC version is that although the overall difficultly is harder then the original, the bosses are ridiculously weak, particularly Plant 42.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 22, 2004 @ 05:21 PM

don't mean to derail this thread, but was RE a Saturn exclusive for a while?

The Saturn one is a port of the PSX version. I think Capcom developed the game solely with the PSX in mind, and only later decided to try a Saturn port.

This is one reason behind the fact the Saturn version got worse graphics: Capcom was new to 3D, and it was a rushed PSX-to-SAT port (ant 90% of those resulted in noticeably worse graphics on the Saturn side).

Back