Bit Torrent

Hey Guys,

I'm new to bittorent, and I was wondering how it works,exactly. You see, I'd like to send a friend a 100 meg file, but he doesn't have a large enough email account and he doesn't have the money to have a home account so he has to view his email in an internet cafe (he's in Prague). How do I go about setting up a torrent for him? Thanks!

Well, a torrent isn't really going to do you any good if you're trying to transfer the file to a single person. You're better off just putting the file on an FTP or web server, probably the former as a lot of internet cafes won't let you use FTP, and definitely not bittorrent. Your best option might actually be just snail mailing a CD.

No matter what, how is he going to do anything with a 100MB file on a public system? Last I checked, zip drives were being phased out, and they really don't want people burning CDs or using USB/Firewire drives.

Hotmail provides 250MB of storage for free now, so how is that not an option?

Should be continuous, but they upped the limit well after I got my gmail account, so I haven't checked for myself. The cool thing about the gmail version is, it holds onto everything you send, so you don't have to re-upload something if someone else needs it later. I sent a 100MB file through gmail with no trouble, but I broke it into 13 separate rar files, because I didn't want to get disconnected in near the end and have to restart the whole process.

Originally posted by tsumake@Thu, 2004-11-04 @ 07:15 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm new to bittorent, and I was wondering how it works,exactly. You see, I'd like to send a friend a 100 meg file, but he doesn't have a large enough email account and he doesn't have the money to have a home account so he has to view his email in an internet cafe (he's in Prague). How do I go about setting up a torrent for him? Thanks!

[post=122825]Quoted post[/post]​

Use Yousendit. Its safe, and you can send files up to one gig!. I know, someone sent me some mp3's and they came safely.

Back