Board hates PNG?

DBOY

I noticed earlier when I tried to post a PNG picture with the tags the board rejected it. Apparantly you can only post GIF and JPEG? Any particular reason for this? I mean, it's kinda weird since PNG is an overall better format [img]http://segaxtreme.net/forum/images/smilies2/tongue.gif

Myname

I don't think PNG is supported in most things at the moment, most likely not Ikonboard 3. The makers are probably better people to answer the question.

Zziggy00

yeah it's not supported...

ExCyber

Staff member
I don't think PNG is supported in most things at the moment

It's probably supported by more things than you think; the 1.0 spec is about six years old, and most of the high-profile graphical browsers have had at least basic PNG support for a while now (alpha channel support seems to be the biggest weak spot). The latest version of a hugely popular piece of software not even recognizing PNG as an image format is pretty ridiculous.

archiver

alpha channel support seems to be the biggest weak spot

Which is a shame, the alpha channels look so much better than transparent GIFs.

Seeing as ~95% of people browse with IE, I guess it's a matter of when Microsoft will (if ever) decide to support it..

Raijin Z

More than 95%. Yeah, MS is fucktarded about PNG support. I want more than 1-bit transparency. I want it with whipped cream. All on a nice redhead with a cute ass. Yeah.....

archiver

Yeah, they are. Although I think if they started offering nice redheads, All would be forgiven, Microsoft