Boot Sector

How to I copy the boot sector off one of my orginal saturn discs and patch to an saturn ISO to make it boot correctly. I remembered I used CRWIN to copy the 32 bytes off the disc but ferget excatly how to do it.. then patch the ISO file I have with it... thanks for any info...

It's 32,768 bytes, or 16 sectors... I do this with ISObuster but the process will be the same in CDRWin: Extract sectors 0 to 15 of the CD's data track to a file as cooked data, i.e. at 2048 bytes/sector (not 2352).

As for "pasting" that file back into the boot sectors of a new .iso file, I can only think of a little DOS tool called ipins.exe which is actually part of Echelon's selfboot kit for Dreamcast games. :blink: Otherwise, cutting the first 32,768 bytes off the .iso file, then joining your boot sector file and the truncated .iso into a new .iso should do it...

CDMage can import sectors. I don't really understand what you're trying to do, though. Since the IP can (and usually does) contain game-specific code you can't blindly transplant it from one game to another. If you want to change the region code there are easier ways.

Back