BUG!

I played the demo

from my memory....

animation was pretty good, but it seemed a little slow

I was raised on Sonic so most platformers seem slow to me
smile.gif

That was one of the first saturn games i owned. I played it for hours but never really beat it till a few years afterwords.

Bug is fun and looks good, but gets very repetitive after a while. However, I havent treid Bug 2. Maybe its better. I have a demo movie and the gfx is even better.

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Jun 11, 2003 @ 04:40 PM

Bug is fun and looks good, but gets very repetitive after a while.

That is true if you have a lot of games. But when you are small and only have a few games for it, they have a lot more replay value. Thats kinda why i don't like having a bunch of isos, i don't really get to enjoy the game. Unless its real good or something.

i remember i had the demo of bug 2 when i had a saturn....it was 2d(on the demo if i rember right) and it added 2 more charcters something that appeared to be a grub worm and a 70's looking bug(afro and all)

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 11, 2003 @ 04:46 PM

when you are small and only have a few games for it, they have a lot more replay value. Thats kinda why i don't like having a bunch of isos, i don't really get to enjoy the game. Unless its real good or something.

I completely agree. Having thousands of games is very good, but you never spend too much time on them. I have almost 300 Saturn games, and although this is a very nice number, i think that if i had just a few games i'd play them to the very end instead of the usual 10-15 minutes play i'm used to nowadays.

Now about Bug... i think it's a very good game. Yes, it is kinda slow, but it's fun. The levels can get a bit repetitive, but in a much smaller level than in other platform games. Bug Too! (the sequel) is a small enhancement, the character can run (which is very good because that makes the game much more dynamic) and the graphics are much better (the fog effect on the first level is pretty, although not a technical wonder). Overall, good games.

Thats why i would much rather buy the real thing than have a burned copy. I find myself to enjoy it much more. A big example is Genesis roms. But thats enough outta me!

That is true if you have a lot of games. But when you are small and only have a few games for it, they have a lot more replay value. Thats kinda why i don't like having a bunch of isos, i don't really get to enjoy the game. Unless its real good or something.
Very true!

Back