burning files with nero 6 without a q file

Hi,

I was going through the topics and I stumbled accross the little manual or how-to burn games to cd-rs with nero. It was a godsent, until I realized that of all the games I had, none of them (or very few out of the 3 that I have...) had no q files. They had iso and mp3 files, that's it though. I looked in the help and FAQ section and stil couldn't find it. Could someone direct me to the link, or give me instructions on what to do? Using nero 6.

thanks

You just need the .iso and the .mp3 files ! Select the burn image function of Nero and choose your .iso file, just like you would choose a .cue file.

So let me get this straight. I only select the .iso file, not the mp3 files? (In other words, the iso files will sorta "grab" the .mp3 files as it needs them?) Or do I select all of the files, .iso, .mp3, etc etc? I don't own a sega cd yet, but will order one soon enough (along with a saturn, dreamcast, and 3

do).

No, you need the mp3 files too. I haven't used Windows Nero for a while, so I can't remember, but isn't there some sort of track editor? If so, you need to have the iso file as the first track and the mp3 files in order as the subsequent tracks. Then burn the whole thing to a disc- I would suggest using DAO mode. However, iso/mp3 is never going to get you a perfect disc, and also the pregaps for the tracks may not be correct, which can cause problems with some titles. I would recommend looking for a correct .cue file if you can possibly find one.

Yeah... there is a "mix-mode" process that lets you select a data track and subsequent audio files.

The thing is it only likes .iso files.

If you get a .bin/.mp3 back up (which most of mine are) then you will need to write a cue sheet which is VERY easy. Shit I write them for my .iso/.mp3 ones as well because you don't need to deal with the Nero wizard thing and just select the .cue sheet instead.

Grab the Saturn Cue Maker from here.

I'm sure there are newer and possibly better ways of making them, but that's what I used before I learned how to write them myself.

Back