Burning SEGA CDs from ISO & BIN

hello everyone,

first to say - i am not a emulation noob, but the SEGA CD Emulation make problems.

1. i have download 2 games: Sonic and CobraCommand

I was surprised when i was opening the ZIP ! there are 4 *.bin Files in there:

DISK.jpg.bin 1,092 KB

FRONT.jpg.bin 2,886 KB

Track 01 COBRA_COMMAND.bin 217,677 KB

Track 02 Audio Track 2.bin 1,265 KB

i have try to burn that bins (exapt Front, disk.bin) i used CDRWIN 3.8 but when its finished then i boot the SEGA CD and the Audio Player appears, because or maybe the EMULATOR does not accept the CD.

What can i do ?

2nd Problem:

The Sonic.zip - in the zip are alle compressed audio files in mp3 - ok its easy to decode them to wav, but there is a File with

SonicMp3's.sfv and the ISO from the Sonic Data. Which Programm i must use to run or burn the CD.

i hope somebody out there can help an despaired austrian man
smile.gif

cheers

strange that they are named .jpg.bin

these types of files, with multiple extensions, should always be scanned for viruses

I'd rename it, after hex viewing it (use Free Hex Editor) to see what it contains.

you really need a Cuesheet, and then use ISOBuster (?) to check what's inside.

someone can post the neccessary cuesheets for you.

I have no idea what the SFV file is, but you could try Hex editting it, seeing what it contains (first and last few bytes)

DISK.jpg.bin 1,092 KB <-- rename to DISC.JPG

FRONT.jpg.bin 2,886 KB <-- rename to FRONT.JPG

Track 01 COBRA_COMMAND.bin 217,677 KB <-- rename to COBRA.ISO

Track 02 Audio Track 2.bin 1,265 KB <-- rename to TRACK02.WAV

Try to play TRACK02.WAV with Windows Media Player or something to make sure it plays fine. If not, you might need to perform some surgery.
sad.gif

Next, generate a cue sheet for the COBRA.ISO and TRACK02.WAV files using Lodger's Cue Maker. Lastly, load the cue sheet in CDRWin and burn.

SonicMp3's.sfv is just a text file containing the checksums of the MP3's; this file is not to be burned. You may use Win-SFV to browse for the .SFV file and then select the "Verify files" to ummm...verify your files.
tongue.gif
It's just a simple way to determine if you downloaded corrupted files or if the files corrupted during download.

Again, you can use Lodger's Cue Maker to generate a cue sheet from your ISO and WAV files in the same directory/folder. Then just load the cue sheet in CDRWin and burn.

wow,

first, thx for quick answering
smile.gif

to SONIC:

yes, with cue maker i had no problem to burn the Sonic CD. He start the CD and then my GEN Emulator shows this ERROR Message: -> see link

<div class='htmltop'>HTML</div><div class='htmlmain'><a href="http://www.aff-clan.com/Ohne%20Titel-1.jpg">Page<a></div>

to COBRACOMMAND:

DISK.jpg.bin & FRONT.jpg.bin are no Pictures, i have renamed them and try with Photshop to open but the are no or bad pics.

you right, this **** Track 02 Audio Track 2.bin - is not a Audio File - What the fuck are these files ? why they in the Cobracommand Game ?

what can i do with the ISO of cobracommand without the audio fileS ?

btw: if you want an account akum - you welcome
biggrin.gif
- post you e-mail,....

Originally posted by igorius@Sep. 28 2002, 4:51 pm

to SONIC:

yes, with cue maker i had no problem to burn the Sonic CD. He start the CD and then my GEN Emulator shows this ERROR Message: -> see link

<div class='htmltop'>HTML</div><div class='htmlmain'><a href="http://www.aff-clan.com/Ohne%20Titel-1.jpg">Page<a></div>

RTFM, esp. the section titled "Virtual RAM Carts".

thx, anytime - but sorry i cant find any Option like that in both Emulators i tryed: XSEGA and GENS, i have also looked into the CFG file but i didnt find any option like that,..

grml - i hope somebody can explane this to a sega-cd emulating-noob
biggrin.gif

thx

RTFM means "read the fucking manual". So go read the Gens manual and do what it says.

Back