Buying 32x Conversion Cable

I'm in desperate need of a 32X conversion cable. Sega Parts is sold out for good :damn: . It's the cable that allows the 32X to be played on a Genesis 1. I'm looking to pay $5 US plus shipping, but the price is negotiable.

Originally posted by Burning Angel@Aug 18, 2004 @ 02:23 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!

Aren't you the one who was eager to trade Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, Astal and another junk for a PSD? :rolleyes:

Ummm... no? :huh: I don't even know what the heck a PSD is. And considering Sega Parts sold the conversion cable for $2, I thought $5 was a pretty good deal.

I was lucky enough to buy a Genesis-M1/32x combo and the cable came with it. You won't have much luck with this, just keep an eye out on eBay.

And that was someone else that wanted to make that ignorant trade.

Originally posted by Burning Angel@Aug 19, 2004 @ 05:23 AM

Aren't you the one who was eager to trade Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, Astal and another junk for a PSD? :rolleyes:

No, that was orta.

Hrmmm, well i have a home made one i made a real long time ago... i used it for several years until i finally bought a legite... it works fine, made out of a mini din, sewing needles, and wire really from a genny a/v cable... so if you want it toss me 3 bucks. it does work.

Originally posted by cobski+Aug 18, 2004 @ 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobski @ Aug 18, 2004 @ 03:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ummm... no? I don't even know what the heck a PSD is.[/b]

PDS is Panzer Dragoon Saga, dude. Live a little ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Aug 19, 2004 @ 02:35 AM

No, that was orta.[/quote]

I KNOW that.

I was just trying to make a point for those of you who remembered that "unusual" deal: Trying to find an original rare item for such a low price.

It's also kinda funny that he made a mistake when he said the abbrievation too. "PSD" doesn't stand for Panzer Dragoon Saga... And lordofduct, I may buy that cable off ya, just give me a day or two to think it over ;) .

ummmm.... im having a hard time locating it, i might find it when i move this week... hopefully... i was so proud of that thing... made it years ago. first ever home made and USEABLE thing in my collection.

why not building one? the first posts i ever made were about that.

it took me some time but i've connected 2 mega/sega genesis 1 and 1 sega genesis 2 to 32x and a cdx to a 32x and they all work fine.

1. get pinouts for mega/sega genesis 1 and 32 x at gamesx.com

2. buy solid core wire (insulated would be better) thin enough to

plug in the 32x mini din connection (you need to peel the

insulation just to plug the wire in the conecction 6 milimeters

would be fine, both sides)

3. cut 7 wires 10 to 11 centimeters long, plug them one on one

using the pinouts as a guide to keep them in place use a

silicone gun. (genesis 2 to 32x connection).

to plug on the genesis 1 you will need a male din connector

and solder the tip of the solid core

wire or just plug the wine inside the hole of the din female

and solder the tip directly to the board of the console.

4. if you connect port (+5 v) mega/sega genesis 1/2 to 32x is

possible to use only the power adaptor for the mega/sega

genesis 1/2 to power both the console and the ad on.

some people say it will fry your power source but i use to

play 5 hour sessions 4 days a week and my setting works fine.

this will be more fun and easier than buying a connector. :hehehe:

still no luck.... thursday im going through a box that may have it... not positive though, i sure would love to help someone out though with this, I love the 32x.... dont know why, maybe cause it had so much potential, it was just wasted

Good luck on Thursday. Yeah, the 32x had a lot of potential that was wasted. I still can't wait to get my hands on Knuckles Chaotix, though :lol: .

HEH, surprise surprise, i found the cable. Heres a pic of it so you can get an idea of what it is....

32xconnector.jpg

yeah, its both things combined. Ill PM you also.

they've have them at www.sega-parts.com again too.

I believe they are endorsed by SEGA themselves. Im not positive, but when i called SEGA a few years ago, they told me to go there for any old parts... that they dont distribute old parts themselves and have there parts distributed by that website.

Back